This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 99

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      48 100 75 30
      BB: $7.42
      3.0 40 45 33

Hero: $20.30

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9 :diamond: , 9 :heart: (Comment)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) 7 :diamond: , 7 :spade: , J:diamond: (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.25) 9 :spade: (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.25) 2 :diamond: (2 players) (Comment)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.50, BB raises to $4.70, Hero raises to $6.90, BB raises to $6.82 (All-In).

Final Pot: $14.97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of sevens (9d 9h)
      BB shows three of a kind, sevens (Qc 7c)

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of sevens (9d 9h)

----------------

I got "trapped" good :)
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      raise to 4bb preflop
      bet the turn . that card helps his range and puts a lot of draws out there . you are losing value not beting 2 / 3 pot
      gl
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Actually, you would be suprised. The table was so tight that I was playing trash for 20c on a high expectation of taking the pot. Its possibly the tightest table I have ever-seen (that or the coldest).

I didnt want to give the impression that these cards were not aforementioned trash, thus drawing in a trash call. My Vpip must have been about 50 by the end of session. At times my win% was peaking over 50 on a 10 handed table.

What draws did the 9 put out there that 9s over 7s full couldnt beat? Ive got str and flush draws drawing dead. Str flush isnt something you give credit for. Only threat was a 10+ kicker 7s filling on the free river card - I should have bet the turn to make value against that, but as soon as the 9 fell we were effectively 99% shots to be all in, be it on the turn or river anyway, so im not sure it mattered.