PLO: can i make 500k from PLO in 3years as a 'hobby' player?!

• TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      hi guys,

my poker history:
      i am a former poker pro coming back to the game after abt 3years. I was a mid-high stakes nlhe cash pro from 2009-2014 and did earn a bit over 1M playmoney in that span. Then my wife and I started a family, I started a rather succesful business, there was no real passion and time left for poker in my life. I still played here and there as a hobby (abt 10-20h/month) but never rly felt like it should change. until recently..

mental state then and now:
      lot of my values changed over time, esp being in a family and having to set rules/values in my business. i became a LOT more productive compared to the old days. prolly all of you having kids will know what i am talking abt. u just kinda have to.. i think being a good dad is my biggest role in life right now and in order to do that, i just cannot slack around, i have to plan a lot of things for not only myself, but whole family and i think this helped me personally a lot w productivity. It just destroyed almost all of my former bad habits by itself

when i was a pro before, i had ntg else than poker to do, all day, every day, for several years, and still, already after the 1st year, putting more than 200hr/month of concentrated work (even 150h some months) was becoming rly rly hard. Looking back, i think i know where the problem was: a more balanced lifestyle. I think i burned out too much coz of my attitude towards the game. Now this would prolly get too lengthy to write abt in detail, but i ll write this much for now: what i think hurt me the most before was, i was too timid with bankroll management. I missed a lot of juicy spots highstakes cgs where i easily could have played in, skillwise and bankrollwise, but decided against coz of basically fear of losing. then this lead into a lot of regret, lack of motivation, and some other issues i could never rly get my hand on..

am i ready for a new game?:
      i think i fixed my mindset over the last 3years a lot and became a lot more process orientated, where a lot of my former fears and blocks should be gone now. in short i ll mention couple of factors, so i can review if it turns out to be true later :) (or if it comes to haunt me)
      1, improved selfvalue awareness: before i was just a poker player, i know now i can be succesful in areas other than poker and that my value doest rly lie in how good i am at poker
      2, lot of emotional security; joybringers (family/friends/RL activities) , before i had a lot less of it
      3, lot of financial security; before i didnt do anything w my money and thought the only way to be truly financially secure was to win big @ nosebleeds :)

why PLO?
      I hardly played this game rly. My online exp from back in time (~4yrs ago) accounts for abt 20k hands on mainly PLO100. i remember i ran quite bad and lost abt 15BI. My live exp w PLO is good tho: in my couple of sessions i was up over 20BI (most of it 2/5€), most of these are also 3-4years old.

Back in the days, i didnt rly 'feel it' for PLO. i rly thought this game was merely about pf selection till 100bb and there werent any superinteresting spots postflop with big edges to be made. I also disliked the variance.
      Now I remember, that my study for PLO back in the time was quite bad tho: I did watch abt 15-20videos on bluefire (w notes) but it was basically mostly watching someone play and comment PLO100. back then, it was rly very simplistic game at that stake i feel, everybody was learning a lot only, and superstationy in many spots. I also read 1 book, that didnt catch enough of my attention either. Combined w the bad results online, I think i never rly got the train of thoughs for PLO like i did for NLHE, where i would start generating a lot of questions and ideas for myself abt possible strategies. Another bad thing was, i knew solid PF was essential, but there was rly no videos back then on solid PF gameplan and ranges, and i remember ended up playing abt 30/22/11 style where i would find myself in way too many marginal spots postflop, where i would just always refuse to fold :) i had bad understanding of dominating draws/equities in general. i prolly overplayed AAxx and also lot of marginal good looking draws often.

This year, i gradually began following PLO more and more (tbh mainly thanks to having watched a few vids of joeyingram and jnandez on youtube). For the first time, i started rly posing a lot of questions for myself in PLO and began answering some of them (with help of propokertools mainly). I realized, this is sth i quite missed in my life over last few years - a solid intellectual challenge and a competition. I began to feel more and more desire in me to play and mainly to improve. I played a few sessions live, but none online sofar, had been following a bit of the action last week on stars zoom. (through the replayer) and did do abt 5hours of equity calculations for the ranges i ve seen in big hands. My total effort for last week is prolly close to 30hr tho, since i watched abt 5hr footage of live games w notes and abt 10hr of phil galfonds older videos for bluefire i found on youtube (the series he did w whitelime i find particularly good), all w good note taking and some more basic eq calcs.

goals
      my monetary goal is to make 500k playmoney mainly (prolly all) from live plo games in Europe till the end of the 2020. (sorry for the title of the blog being a bit misleading) i find many plo live games in Europe being played at very casual level (up to nosebleeds) where there is a lot more edge to be had than in nlhe, and also (and mainly): the atmosphere on the tables is usually a lot better (less stressful/serious) than on nlhe tables (plo is way more of a gamble game afterall and the character of ppl who play the game itself usually creates a more fun ambience.

there is a catch tho: i ll rarely be able to devote more than 20hr to the game/week. There will be months i think i could go allin, for up to 300hr/m, if i have the drive still, but devoting to poker will hardly ever become a priority no1 in my life. I just genuinely think, with good tableselection (we have a great selection of games i feel around where i live) and good mindset i can do this, even without becoming 'professional poker player'. Fedor also isnt a poker pro, right? :)

lets see what i can do. i need a challenge. i think the biggest asset of all this for me is: personal growth/intellectual stimulation/passion spreader/meet ppl/travel. if i fail and give up after a month, at least i hope some will have a good laugh :) my ultimate stoploss for this project is 50k, but i set 1 rule: i cannot give up until i lose at minimum 10k unless sth rly drastic happens in our family/business. (i need to feel i actually tried hardest i could given everything around), this means i will actually force myself prolly at some times, at least so i put around 80hr/month of concentrated effort, even when i not exactly feel like it. So i set my 'challenge bankroll for 10k', (with 'rebuys' up to 40k more if it comes to that)

microgoal is: play 20k hands on at least NL100 online with at least -5bb ev adjusted or better (i will not play 10/20 and higher live until i get this). i will be playing main sites, no random african/asian bs, so i can battle it out against some presumably good regs also, which i ll hope to learn from. i know given variance in PLO its a rather insignificant goal, and i ll try to have my game judged somehow from different source also (tinking abt a coach/ investing at least to some video review of my game, when i am 'ready')

i am positive, if i could become close to BE @online PLO100, i could beat almost any 10/20 plo live game around for substantial wr (my exp w live games in general is hundreds of hours and i definitely think many of the live exp from my former days will come in handy even tho it been a different game mostly) and then it becomes a problem of volume (and luck :) )

I will update every weekend, of about what i did for my game in terms of study, and play and actually, if it doesnt become too lengthty, i ll try to post some interesting ideas i am thinking abt / hands i ve played. (esp if those are big hands)

challenge bankroll week 0: 10.0k
  • 13 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Originally posted by TheLearningM1ndset
      my poker history:
      i am a former poker pro coming back to the game after abt 3years. I was a mid-high stakes nlhe cash pro from 2009-2014 and did earn a bit over 1M playmoney in that span.
      But how much did you lose?
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      ok, just posting some hands real quick from 1st session, to see if i didnt forget how to do it. started today on PLO100, didnt want to play higher, since i want to analyse general tendencies of regs from hhs first (want to buy stars200 hhs; obv mainly to see what biggest winners do and how)

hand1:

Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $195.53 (195.5 bb)
      BB: $100 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $177.46 (177.5 bb)
      MP: $100 (100 bb)
      CO: $256.48 (256.5 bb)
      BTN: $213.21 (213.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :Jh: :Tc: :9c: :8c:
      Hero raises to $3.50, MP raises to $11.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($24.50) :Qs: :8s: :As: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50

Turn: ($43.50) :Kh: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $28, Hero calls $28

River: ($99.50) :7c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $51 and is all-in, Hero calls $51

in the hand it seemed to me, my only decision is OTR, since F should be heavily overcbetted, as well as T, altho when thinking abt it again, not sure abt that T. a lot of my range is actually str8, since i play pretty tight, but i think my perceived image is different and it might be a nice spot for him to make my fold anything below a str8, i just need to calc in pokerjuice, how much that actually is, i would guess its a bit over 50% still, but given vs this F sizing i would have a raise small range w some flushes and Ks blocker w some gutter that lowers my str8s a bit. OTR i rly thought i should fold always, and just call when having a spade, but then kinda got myself to thinking, he d just always shove a str8 himself to target folding splits and as a new plr in, i am prolly not percieved to have slowplayed much till R and w the 8 blocker in hand (to block his ds rundowns) i kinda said to myself, i want to see it. i am pretty sure tho that i would have folded if it was a higher limit. i kinda dont see / have analysed this spot enough, to know the tendencies.

altho when thinking abt it more idk rly.. doesnt a normal reg xbeh OTF a wrap str8draw a lot? hence he cannot rly have that many outside of those w Ks to start off with first. y, i ll fold quikcly next time around :) , still cant see myself folding w any spade (obv all of my spades will be high and just block his flushes so heavily) :f_rolleyes: tho as said, most of my Ks i d raise OTF - i also think its good coz some might need that Ks to bluff 3streets with, so i d rather have Js or 9s vs some i guess and dont need it to get to R spot with

so would u guys that play these lims xbeh as3bettor OTF w say KQJT/AKJT or always bet? having Ks u bet always right? do u bet T like this w a hand like AKsQx?

Results: $201.50 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: :Qs: :8s: :As: :Kh: :7c:
      Hero showed :Jh: :Tc: :9c: :8c: and lost (-$100 net)
      MP showed :9s: :Kd: :Js: :Ad: and won $198.50 ($98.50 net)

hand2: found a tricky spot most agro plrs might overbluff?!

Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players

SB: $46.06 (46.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $167.52 (167.5 bb)
      CO: $257.18 (257.2 bb)
      BTN: $207.06 (207.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :3d: :Qs: :7c: :Ac:
      CO raises to $3.50, BTN folds, SB calls $3, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.50) :2h: :Ah: :4h: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $3.50, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($17.50) :Kh: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($17.50) :9c: (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.50, CO folds

SB is a huge fish (95/50) , the reg bet w a weird timing, i think its quite safe to say that he d be having a sizing tell vs that big of a fish, so i was confident he didnt have a flush OTF. OTR i am obv overbluffing like hell esp that i think i might be raising F very wide in this depth for small sizing.
      i think its a sexy line for him to take to make sure floats like mine stay in and then call R. i guess this is heavy undercalled tho. i didnt pot coz i think i am a bit capped too since not raising before, and i mostly want to rep sets-small flushes. do u guys think that enough ppl on plo100-200 defend their b small/xbeh T range here? also: am i getting snapped here OTR by A9type of hand or only if it has mid heart (or 3pair+midheart only??)

hand3: obv i think this hand is superstandard, but i just want to point out that when i played those 3-4y plo, i would 100% of times pot this preflop and then pot+decide OTF :D .. ok i can still see myself doing this vs some ppl, but deffo not as default anymore, at least in that, i hope i improved

Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 4 Players

Hero (SB): $174.15 (174.2 bb)
      BB: $246.18 (246.2 bb)
      CO: $157.44 (157.4 bb)
      BTN: $184.36 (184.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :6s: :Td: :Ah: :Ad:
      CO raises to $3.50, BTN folds, Hero calls $3, BB folds

Flop: ($8) :9s: :7c: :3c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.70, Hero folds

Results: $8.00 pot ($0.40 rake)
      Final Board: :9s: :7c: :3c:
      Hero mucked :6s: :Td: :Ah: :Ad: and lost (-$3.50 net)
      CO mucked and won $7.60 ($4.10 net)

for a bit i contemplated donking F, but i think this should be too weak. perhaps w Ac in my hand? (to continue on clubs also)

hand 4: ok, this i just dont understand from supposedly 2regs:

Party, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players

SB: $173.68 (173.7 bb)
      BB: $112.28 (112.3 bb)
      UTG: $308.11 (308.1 bb)
      MP: $29 (29 bb)
      Hero (CO): $130.60 (130.6 bb)
      BTN: $100 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Ac: :7c: :Js: :4d:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $3, SB raises to $10, BB folds, BTN calls $7

Flop: ($21) :Kd: :7h: :Td: (2 players)
      SB bets $14.96, BTN calls $14.96

Turn: ($50.92) :9s: (2 players)
      SB bets $48.38, BTN raises to $75.04 and is all-in, SB calls $26.66

River: ($201.00) :2d: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $201.00 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: :Kd: :7h: :Td: :9s: :2d:
      SB showed :As: :Ad: :7s: :Qd: and won $198 ($98 net)
      BTN showed :Qc: :5d: :Jc: :Tc: and lost (-$100 net)

why does SB just pot this?! i mean comon.. doesnt BU have like 80%+ a str8 here and he should hope to induce from some weak fd + pair or sth like that? to me it seems like he just forces his AI to have 25% eq w very very little feq. i would check and hope for xaround and vs agro x/ship, but vs a tight plr isnt this just a x/f simply OTT?

need to check pokerjuice, my estimates might be off a lot

glgl
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m no PLO player, but I don’t think it’s realistic to get a bankroll of $500K in 2 years as hobby player. Off course it would be nice to see if you can prove to me that I’m wrong.

Good luck with reaching this goal :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      I’m no PLO player, but I don’t think it’s realistic to get a bankroll of $500K in 2 years as hobby player. Off course it would be nice to see if you can prove to me that I’m wrong.

Good luck with reaching this goal :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987

hey,

the way i calced it (quickly, but just to make sure there was a shot at it) before was this: from my exp i play slightly over 25hands/hr live, i can put it 12-14hr of play/day when travelling for cash, for many days in succession, i dont want to be using superconcrete numbers, but the estimate of playing 1k live hands in 3days for me is pretty accurate.
      -i ve seen/analysed quite a bit of live sessions, and played in many where i think my wr if i was any better would be over 20bb/100. most of these were 5/10, but some were up to 50/100. lets not get carried away and say that my avg limit for the challenge would be somewhere between plo2k and plo5k (even tho i wrote 10k roll, i ll be using this only for the start, and when ready to play well, i ll use the 50k one, so i ll deffo jump into any good 25/50, and maybe 1BI shoting good 50/100 games.

all in all i think i could play an avg limit of ~plo4k and a say i keep 15bb/100 only . then we have: 6k of EV in those 1k hands (3days) => 2k/day => i have to play 250 days out of the ~840 till end of 2019. but u re right, this is 30% of all days, i think i could be away from family for abt those days, but the problem is mainly, i would not get the avg limit to be so high, as plo 5k+ runs only during bigger festivals, which is definitely less than 30% of days around where i live.

ok, so i wanted to kinda rewrite the first post, but see, that i accidently already put " till end of 2020" in there. which is actually ~3.3years. this is over 1200days and i should be able to get the action on abt 250of those pretty high i guess.

But u re right wr of closer or over 20bb/100 wouldnt hurt me, esp if no games @25/50 run :) i have to be pretty efficient/ run good OR win some online also :) maybe i could mix in those asian platforms higherstakes afterall? :D

ok, so decided to change the title, and stick with 'end of 2020' for this. thanks

also: its possible within 1.5-2years i can take it more 'fulltime' since esp if i do well enough on the way and have the drive.

goals for week1:

1, learn to efficiently work with pokerjuice
      2, buy hhs for PLO200 of what i can get and analyse at least 10hr tendencies of best winners
      3, play 1k hands online (i will 1-2table depending on how quick the action is and my only goal is to improve and think deeply abt each every spot) and analyse all interesting spots
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      ok, so i finally can use pokerjuice on decent of a level i feel and did analysis from the 2hands from yesterday

hand1:
      actually even a laggy 6%ip 3bet has flush OTF right away 21% of times.. wow. i thought its way less w all the highcards present. fml.
      so and then Ks!ss was only ~6% of T barelling range, and when i gave a range of Ks!ss!KK and JT+, flushes and even AKQ, he had 70% flush.. geez.. i am rly rly screwed even vs JT actually, as he should have a set along with it most of the times..

so superspewy T call by me actually. lols. i had no idea.

interestingly, i should fold vs even 4% ip 3bet as the % of flushes, even IF i hold Js are 70% and higher, (and abt 15% splits) and i win abt 15%, but as i basically face 79$ bets into 43, i am more than screwed

hand 4: for regs: yea, i did my best to include exclude ranges and seems like a tight standardplaying BU will have a str8 over 80% of the times. not 100% sure abt the flatiing range, but i assumed mainly QJ, 89J, 689+, K89, K68, T98, JT9.

not even sure JT9 doesnt shove OTF, then its close to 90% that BU has a str8 and SB should rly x/f even vs whole range. (even vs whole range he has 29% equity) EV of this potbet and stackoff seems -10bb (pokerjuice shove calc)
    • Varune
      Varune
      Silver
      I'm no PLO Player but like to watch Jnandez and PAPI play on youtube, are u in the PLO university of Jnandez?
      And you seem to do nice indepth spots like the post above. :)

Oh and is 12-14hr a day considered a 'hobby' player nowadays? how do you combine that with other stuff lol
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varune
      I'm no PLO Player but like to watch Jnandez and PAPI play on youtube, are u in the PLO university of Jnandez?
      And you seem to do nice indepth spots like the post above. :)

Oh and is 12-14hr a day considered a 'hobby' player nowadays? how do you combine that with other stuff lol
      yea, like them both a lot too, papi esp for podcasts w highstakes poker plrs, some are extremely inspiring. i know abt the uni of jnandez, not sure i ll fully join in, i rather try to get some sneak peaks from friends if possible :)
      i never had a strategy concerned coaching for nlhe either, i like to figure things out on my own. deffo there must be a lot of value in that course since i heard a lot of praise for it, but i think to take a coaching too early kills a lot of passion for what u do. (in anything?)

i also need to do some serious thinking on my own for ranges PF that would be suitable for live games mainly. i want to try limping quite some PF for UTG/MP whenever table allows for this. simply coz in live games u have way too wide ranges and u want to be used to playing a lot more limped pots w wide ranges than the classical online style. i mean the style of jnandez and also other coaches is to open just ~12% from EP, which seems to be an adjustment to rly tough opposition in the highstakes games where its rly hard to realize equity oop, esp in mw pots. but i dont think this happns live (or in online games up to NL100? too much), u realize ur equity a lot better actually, and i am fairly sure, u could play a lot wider. now problem kinda is, that raising too much (say like 18%) will make u increase the variance too much imo. ppl are observant enough on NL100 also, and will 3bet a pretty nice wide range as ip and then its quite a mess. but sofar, i dont see so much agression vs limps. (trying it already a bit, so i am limping abt 16-17% UTG and abt 24-25% MP, so ntg crazy rly, just slightly wider than i would play if i was to open) but yea, not 100% sure abt this yet, coz i want to have some l/3bet ranges for sure, and not sure how exactly to construct it. so maybe i start just opening a bit wider range but for a minr or 2.5x, seems a legit try also

@12-14h: well, when i travel to play poker, i just play poker, what else would be there to do? :P in months that i wont travel too much, i ll spend abt 80hr/month on poker, just my free time in nights, mostly. pretty bad for online wr i guess also, coz not many weaker plrs play then i feel, but yea.. i just rly need to improve first a lot before thinking abt any income from this at all.

sofar i played abt 400h on PLO100-200, i deffo could tell some regs on 200 were a lot better, using a wider variety of sizings and having a lot more agression on later streets. i dont think i am quite ready for that yet, so i think i stay on 100 till i am more confident in my game. i think i go play live this weekend, hope to get some 5/5 deep or 5/10 game going.
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      hey all,

sorry for a later update (to myself mainly i guess :) ) , but i ve been pretty busy in work and there has been a lot of RL stuff in family i couldnt avoid, so had to cut down volume i put into the game in the last week.

recap of 1st 2weeks:

*in first few days i played almost 1.8k hands online PLO100-200 (only abt 100 on PLO200) w a result of ca -570$ (rb included). i only 2tabled, last 10days i didnt play online coz short on time
      *i watched abt a total of 5-6 new vids, but only 2 with notetaking
      *i did abt 8 pokerjuice range calculations
      *i found guys to talk hands with, and did for abt 4hours for now, who are actually beating PLO200 online, so i consider this my biggest success going forwards
      *traveled to 2 live cash games, where on 1 occasion there was no PLO action at all, other was insanely good PLO5/5 , played for abt 6hrs total, made some mistakes and run quite bad, lost 530€

so w conversion changes i lost very close to 1k€ in these first few days. i have a good feeling abt the game as such, still enjoy quite a lot, wish i had more time for it for sure.

i made nasty mistakes both online and live, which will never happen in future, just coz i had no real indea how range interact on certain boards and had no real gameplan. i guess there will be many similar, but i deffo hope to cut down my losing rate by quite some :)

my 2 main problems are:
      1,i cannot fold in spots where ppl dont seem to be bluffing (i just didnt see 'enough' of nuts vs 2nd-3rd nuts setups i guess and also,
      2, my PF is a bit too loose (right now i ended up playing at 35/21/9 6max stats (tho i am pretty sure i play more like 33/25/11 now since i cut down some passive calling and added more 3bets esp from the blinds vs BU), and i can tell i am getting into way too many postflop spots which are just too marginal for me at this point and have no idea what to do and mostly have to fold to a lot of agression. i have no real agression going on in mw pots as for raising balanced ranges otf or ott i feel. (i have some ideas, but have to kinda analyse it more before i am sure its not just setting money on fire.

also i think my donkF% is way too low (7% only right now) and my habit of checking too much from NL is deffo playing negative role.

i got hh from PLO200 from Stars recently and started analysing, so will post here some hands now which i found particularly inspiring.

i ll also post some of my biggest spews from online, so i am reminded of folding a bit more before my next sessions.

roll: 9.0k€ (recently: -1.0k€)

*all goals for week1 were achieved and surpassed

goals for next week: (bit more ambitios)
      *analyse briefly 100hands from most winning regs on plo200 online
      *play 2k hands online w brief analysis
      *do 10 indepth juice calcs
      *watch 3vids w notes
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In your starting post you talk about playmoney. That is confusing to me. Are you playing with real money or play money?
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      @kyyberi: hey, i ve hoped, most ppl reading this would be able to make a qualified guess

meanwhile, while looking at the hands of big winners, happy to see, a huge winner on midstakes makes this stationy call OTT vs Urubu:

i mean, last week i wouldnt be able to fold this most of the time, but now am sure, its pretty trivial fold even on midstakes online.. i mean how does SB ever (90%+) not have a str8 here.. (and esp coupled w a pair for rundown soo much.. u have 18% equity almost always as MP.. and his sizing OTF.. i mean he raises smaller to have playbilty coz he thinks he overrealizes equity on any T porlly anyways.. and then cannot fold on single worst turn ever vs potdonk.. pretty terrible if u ask me now

Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players

SB: $273.90 (137 bb)
      BB: $75 (37.5 bb)
      MP: $490.66 (245.3 bb)
      CO: $107 (53.5 bb)
      BTN: $798.73 (399.4 bb)

Preflop:
      CO posts BB OOP, MP raises to $9, CO folds, BTN calls $9, SB calls $8, BB folds

Flop: ($31) :Ad: :8h: :7s: (3 players)
      SB bets $22.38, MP raises to $66.85, BTN folds, SB calls $44.47

Turn: ($164.70) :Jh: (2 players)
      SB bets $161.95, MP raises to $323.90, SB calls $36.10 and is all-in

River: ($560.80) :4d: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $560.80 pot ($2.75 rake)
      Final Board: :Ad: :8h: :7s: :Jh: :4d:
      SB showed :Td: :6c: :9d: :7h: and won $558.05 ($284.15 net)
      MP showed :Jc: :Js: :Ac: :As: and lost (-$273.90 net)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Depends on the SB range. SB donked the flop, so he definitely has other hands in his range than just T9xx.

If for some reason MP could define that SB donk-calls the flop with T9xx, then it's a fold. But as he can't it's hard to fold a set.

It all starts with how MP defines SB range on the flop.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How is things going with PLO last week?
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      hey,

yo last 3weeks i played only 200hands online, losing abt 20bucks. i was too busy w my biz and kids, i did some more calcs in juice, but not enough.

so i put just abt 7or8hrs to poker in last 3weeks, had abt 8hours more of opportunities in my schedule, but just felt like resting and avoid the stress. i mean, yea, now finally some readers might understand why i am completely a hobby plr :) ..

its weird. whenever i rly feel like playing and studying, i get quite a lot of joy from the game, but i also get joy from many other things in life (some of which bring good money too :) ) .. and more. poker is atm prolly at 4th place in hierarchy of my interests

yea, i mean, this blog is prolly pretty boring at this point, so i wont bother updating, until i rly have time to put in some serious work. didnt rly want to create the blog and write abt personal stuff

i will play in EPT Prague in december, so i hope to put more volume in before that and then play good there and get the mission started :)