1$ or 3$ SNG?

• AmosnosI
      AmosnosI
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

I am enjoying my first 50$ at PartyPoker but I most probably won't be able to clear the bonus in time, so I have two easy questions:

1.- What happens with the money if I finally can't get to the 300 partypoints?

2.- Would you recommend me to start playing 3$ SNG to earn partypoints faster?

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think that the most important part of playing poker is the bankroll management. At first you don't need to get worried about cleraing the bonus, but with learning and consolidate your game.

If play sng i did not recommend you play de 1$ with de first 50$ because the huge variance(sng players could confirm that).

So, if you would like to play 3$ for clearing the bonus only play if your bankroll allows that, otherwise you will (probably) be busted out.

regards,

edit: 1$ sng, at party , are turbo sng so, more variance than a normal sng.
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      If you're going to play SNG's avoid the 1$ ones,the prize is way too low for the % of money invested.
      I suggest 3$.
      I would try with 50$ like 4-6 tables 0,2-0-4 NL holdem,be patient and if you're up you can decide what you can do next to clear the bonus.
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      $3/6 double up sngs are worth a try
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      I started with my first capital playing $1 sngs, im still on it

Playing for 10 days, about 150 session, $17 profit.

Its very hard to win big money here. $3 SnG works at the same way, only at $6 the prize loooks better.

You cannot start at $3 because theres a good chance that you have a lot of leaks, so you dont even know if your style play is profitable.
    • Tklimas
      Tklimas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DjAdolfMixer
      $3/6 double up sngs are worth a try
      does partypoker have them? and how to find them? :rolleyes: