This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - T,T - Flop FH

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP1:
      $20.60
      UTG+1:
      $12.34
      SB:
      $9.39
      MP3:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $1.75
      Hero:
      $1.85
      CO:
      $4.70
      BB:
      $5.43
      UTG+2:
      $22.79

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) Q:diamond: , T:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.55) J:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.10.

River: ($1.95) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.95 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.85.

Final Pot: $3.85

Any thoughts about the way I played this?
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      hmm..

my first thought of this is that his bet is a little suspicious, such a small bet compared to the pot size, looks like he is trying to create value. Maybe he has a Q, I would think. That, or he is building pot for a flush? But, since you do have ten full, its probably the nuts at this point, unless your opponent has QT, and ONLY QT. [edit, or QQ] =)

According to strategy, if someone bet in front of you, you would push all-in. I might do that, or at the very least, I would raised his $0.10 X3 on the flop. $.10 for him to see turn is too cheap. I think it depends on how you feel about whether he will call you all in on the flop, since that's what you want.

But by turn, I think I would push all in regardless.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Minraising him doesn't make any sense.

You could slowplay since FH is strong enough to believe you won't get dominated with opponent's outs...

So, I see two options here, you slowplay and call flop, but push turn or you push flop as you would with other hands you could have raised with. I personally dislike slowplaying with SSS and would decide for second option, specially if villain is unkown.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I would rather raise the flop since it's quite drawy and he willl stick it with draws a decent amount of the times ( drawing dead btw ;) ) and is more likely to go with them on flop than on turn.

but please, don't minraise , doesn't make any sence, raise for value or just call to slowplay.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks to all. I minraised because I wanted to keep villain interested so that I could get value from the monster hand. I was worried that he'd fold to an all-in.

But I can see now that a min-raise doesn't achieve much. Will either slowplay or make a proper raise next time.

Thanks again.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

But I can see now that a min-raise doesn't achieve much. Will either slowplay or make a proper raise next time.
      Hi Tim64,

Do not slowplay and play straightforward!

As played, Raise his flop bet as though you would make a normal c-bet here.

Although you got ''the nuts'' you achieve nothing but giving them an opportunity to give you a bad beat if you MinRaise them.

Best regards,
      Gerv