[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR (SSS) - T,T - Flop FH

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP1:
      $20.60
      UTG+1:
      $12.34
      SB:
      $9.39
      MP3:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $1.75
      Hero:
      $1.85
      CO:
      $4.70
      BB:
      $5.43
      UTG+2:
      $22.79

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) Q:diamond: , T:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.55) J:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.10.

River: ($1.95) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.95 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.85.

Final Pot: $3.85

Any thoughts about the way I played this?
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      hmm..

my first thought of this is that his bet is a little suspicious, such a small bet compared to the pot size, looks like he is trying to create value. Maybe he has a Q, I would think. That, or he is building pot for a flush? But, since you do have ten full, its probably the nuts at this point, unless your opponent has QT, and ONLY QT. [edit, or QQ] =)

According to strategy, if someone bet in front of you, you would push all-in. I might do that, or at the very least, I would raised his $0.10 X3 on the flop. $.10 for him to see turn is too cheap. I think it depends on how you feel about whether he will call you all in on the flop, since that's what you want.

But by turn, I think I would push all in regardless.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Minraising him doesn't make any sense.

You could slowplay since FH is strong enough to believe you won't get dominated with opponent's outs...

So, I see two options here, you slowplay and call flop, but push turn or you push flop as you would with other hands you could have raised with. I personally dislike slowplaying with SSS and would decide for second option, specially if villain is unkown.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I would rather raise the flop since it's quite drawy and he willl stick it with draws a decent amount of the times ( drawing dead btw ;) ) and is more likely to go with them on flop than on turn.

but please, don't minraise , doesn't make any sence, raise for value or just call to slowplay.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks to all. I minraised because I wanted to keep villain interested so that I could get value from the monster hand. I was worried that he'd fold to an all-in.

But I can see now that a min-raise doesn't achieve much. Will either slowplay or make a proper raise next time.

Thanks again.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

But I can see now that a min-raise doesn't achieve much. Will either slowplay or make a proper raise next time.
      Hi Tim64,

Do not slowplay and play straightforward!

As played, Raise his flop bet as though you would make a normal c-bet here.

Although you got ''the nuts'' you achieve nothing but giving them an opportunity to give you a bad beat if you MinRaise them.

Best regards,
      Gerv