Poker lifestyle beginer

• Pkr77ss
      Pkr77ss
      Basic
      [*] hello everybody. I am not really new in the poker world. I think I am just a average player. I wanna know if pokertracker guarantees that you will make a consistent profit monthly. What bankroll you need to generate 1000 £ a month and if the usage of poker tracker guarantees that? I mention that I deposited many times unfollowing the bankrool managemnt rule becausr I just feel sometimes that, I can go up quicker. But opposite is the case. I deposired 150£ and go up very quick on zoom to 450£ .next day I loseit ridiculously on three times kk vs. Aa and happened into the same time is crcraaazyy. So many times in a row bad beats. It happened three times. Finally I learn my lesson and should follow bm . But I feel like I have to play higher limits to have sense the game. If I deposit 1000 and play 50 buy in so 20 times buy in is this reasonable?? Or to play sag? So please answer thank you I amam notin english but I. Live in England
  • 13 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pkr77ss,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Firstly, Hand tracking software like PokerTracker and Holdem Manager only record the hands you play and store them in a database. They help you to analyse both your own game and your opponents.

It will help you identify any major leaks in your game and allow you to highlight possible weaknesses in your opponents. It will also allow you have a HUD (Heads Up Display) at the table where you can easily see important playing stats of your opponents.

They can not guarantee that you'll win, but they are a handy tool to help losing players become winners and small winners to become bigger winners.

20-25 buyins is a standard minimum for any given level, however we have players here who use a much stricter BRM (up to 100 BIs).

I certainly wouldn't recommend that you deposit £1k and start playing NL50 unless you have history of being able to beat that level. You would probably be better of starting at NL10 (or lower) until you are in a nice routine and comfortable that you will follow your BRM.

Never underestimate how extreme variance can be. It has destroyed many a bankroll once people get tilted and deviate from their BRM. Once you deviate from BRM, the risk of ruin rises on an exponential basis so it is also prudent to set a limit where you can drop down a limit to rebuild your bankroll and regain confidence.

As for what game type you should play, you should play the one that you enjoy or are more comfortable playing.

If you have any other questions, then please feel free to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi Pkr77ss,

If you want to make about 1000$ / month you can achieve that by playing NL25 / NL50 and you have to play over 50k hands/month with a decent winrate.
      As Lazza already said using software will help your game but of course can't guarantee any winnings.

Variance can be sometimes very high so I would suggest having a bit more than 20 buy-ins. Personally I use 40 buy-in BRM. I just hit a 10 buy-in downswing and if I used a lower BRM I would be screwed.

I suggest you deposit 100$ and start playing NL2 and working on your game. Poker is not an easy game. So if you want to start playing professionally you have to work a lot on your game and pretty much accept that you are not making much money during the first year or so.
    • Pkr77ss
      Pkr77ss
      Basic
      So, doesnt guarantee your wininigs.is there zoom game more based.on luck? Because I lose some much on zoom.
      What about the people.who. actually.win consistently ... how they are consistently winning because from my point of.view if you get lucky enough times to.catch aa vs kk there is justa a game where you just must wait for your time to come and to catch oppenents playing bad against you...is that correct?? That how I see it. Because, playing lower limits gets me borred and play badly...not waiting for my time to come...so is there actually a strategy that can guarantee a income??
      For example, I dont know how but I am pretty sure about that if you will have a 10000 bankroll and play very tight somehow you have toa make at leastleast 500££ guaranteed.thats my view. What do you think? What is the most reasonable bankroll to start with and what I amam interesred in more is to generate a monthly income
    • la55i
      la55i
      so is there actually a strategy that can guarantee a income??
      The only strategy I can think of is study a lot and play a lot.

I can use myself as an example:
      I started my bankroll challenge from 100$ and my goal was to make 1000$. I couldn't study poker/play full time. I started playing NL2.
      It took me about one and a half years & 260k hands to complete that. During that time I have watched hundreds of hours of training videos&coachings, reviewed thousands of hands here at the forum and worked on my game with different training software.

Now I'm playing NL16, soon going up to NL25 and I'm doing quite ok. But it wasn't easy to get there. So I guess hard work is the only strategy that works.
    • Pkr77ss
      Pkr77ss
      Basic
      But if I make the jump and deposit straight 1000£ how soon I will get to 10000£ and how long will take if I play nl 25 for example to have 40 buyins. Do I have.to multitable.to do.more well ? Cauz takes.very long to make 1000 so just deposit and try to get to 10000. And from there to 100000 and so on... what are the chances.to be.next daniel.negreanu??
    • la55i
      la55i
      You can deposit 1000£ but I still think you should start from the lowest limits. The higher limit you play the better your opponents will be. So if you just started to play poker you will lose your money quite quickly by playing NL50.

How fast can you make it from 1k to 10k depends on how much you study and play and how smart you are. As I said, it is not so easy. You can think about playing some game you haven't played much before, like football, icehockey etc... How fast will you be very good at that game? Totally depends on how hard you work on it.

Realistically, the chance of being next Daniel Negreanu is pretty low.
      And yes, if you want to make a living with poker playing micro/low stakes, you have to multitable.

If you want to start playing poker professionally I think the best way is to forget about the money for a while. Start playing the lowest stakes and study the game. Think about the big blinds you win instead of $$$. Because if you don't know how to play but just want to play higher stakes to make quick money, I'm sure you will lose your money fast and get bored/frustrated with poker.
    • Pkr77ss
      Pkr77ss
      Basic
      So to deposit 250 and play 5 dollars buying is a good start??
    • la55i
      la55i
      Sounds better. And then you can start watching No-Limit Beginner's Course 2017.
      And go through our strategy articles.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Bronze
      Honestly, you guys went very, very easy on the OP here. Just because I started out in the same mindset as him a few years back do I know how absolutely destroyed he's going to get for a while. He's expecting deposit ---> profit. What a disaster waiting to happen.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey TakingAShot,

Going soft gave us multiple attempts at getting our message through. When you go hard, there is significant risk that you will either alienate him, or turn the thread into a shitfight.

I have seen threads like this one turned into flaming trollfests on other forums when people go hard. Sometimes, tough love doesn't work.

If we have managed to convince him to start at NL5 and follow a 50 BI BRM, then I would consider this a win.

There are so many warning signs in his posts that he is not mentally prepared to play NL50.

No doubt there would be some NL50z grinders who would be pissed off with us. :f_biggrin:

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • mostlyfolding
      mostlyfolding
      Silver
      Well done everyone. On 2+2 this thread would be three pages of :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: , good to see that here we have manners.
    • mostlyfolding
      mostlyfolding
      Silver
      And to the OP: follow the good advice above. Poker is not a get rich quick scheme, just to become a break even player requires hundreds of hours of study. Use the resources here, and good luck on your poker journey.
    • pahismail
      pahismail
      Bronze
      Things like this have to be clarified sometimes.

Think about money, what do you really know about it?

Who guarantees your money?

By answering these kinds of questions, we begin to call you skillful.

- King of Heart