[NL2] 8Jo

• Klausen16
      Klausen16
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

in this hand I want o know what is the best play on turn?
      Do you even go here straight with some agression to make sure that he does not have the K-hit/flush. Got some foldequity as well vs something like 10-pockets. I thought about it and think that I loose more if I call everything down. The turn-check-raise looks pretty strong like he has the K or somthing better.
      I do not think he bluff-bet here a lot.

Hero (BTN): 115.5 BB
      SB: 142 BB
      BB: 136.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
      MP: 116.5 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
      CO: 131 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) 8:diamond: 4:heart: 3:club:
      SB checks, BB bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB, fold

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 15 BB, BB raises to 41 BB, fold

Or would you just check-behind the turn? I do not like to check-behind + river call. And I do not like to check-behind and fold river-bet.
      But on the other hand the the 8s is beaten anyway on Turn-raise and there are no real open river-cards that help me out. AND: we play vs 2 guys ...

What is ur gameplan for the turn + river here ?

Fkk ... if I think about it over and over again .... I think it is a easy fold on turn ...
  • 8 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      Easy fold as played, and I don't dislike your play too much, but I don't see what you have against the check turn call river line.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Weird over bet of the BB on the flop and it’s even weirder he’s checking the turn, but I would most likely check the turn behind. I don’t think you get value with betting and changing your hand in a bluff isn’t working on NL2 to often I think. Now it’s an easy fold for sure on his check/raise.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It is okay. But bet a little smaller on turn and save 5 bb off that bet. The extra bb serve no purpose at all. Naturally you'd check back every river.

You should also get over that "I don't like checking my weak hand because I might get bluffed at later feeling". First off, he isn't dead certain to bluff. You also have 5 outs to hit a J/8 that might help you. In other words, cross that bridge when you come to it.
    • neliorelva
      neliorelva
      Bronze
      I think you can either go for the check back or bet yourself but in this case you should bet smaller. If he was to fold to a king he wpuld do it with a bet of 15bb or 10bb.
    • Titan8
      Titan8
      Gold
      Its easy fold to raise on turn, but real question is "do we have bet on turn?". I prefer xback here, we dont have sure value bet, we dont need protection. I think we can be better/even after his weird pot bet on flop but we dont need to put more money in this spot if he keeps going to bet. Remember, you are in three-way spot OTF.
      I will play this spot x/c F, x/f T, x/f R. We can win at showdown against some 87 or 98, maybe some random bluffs but i am not sure he bets here these hands twice.
    • MisterSnS
      MisterSnS
      Bronze
      One thing: It's always better to first consider your whole range, than just a single hand.

How strong is your hand, given other 8x combos, and 99+ ?
      What types of hands will call your turnbet?
      Are there any draws we beat?

As a little disclaimer: Forget bluffcatching vs. bet-check-bet lines, they are almost never a bluff :)
    • Titan8
      Titan8
      Gold
      Originally posted by MisterSnS
      As a little disclaimer: Forget bluffcatching vs. bet-check-bet lines, they are almost never a bluff :)
      Do you try use line bet-check-bet as bluff? Do you know how other players play vs this line? I just asking, maybe it can be good line as bluff, if players percieve it as "never bluff here" spot.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Titan8
      Originally posted by MisterSnS
      Do you try use line bet-check-bet as bluff? Do you know how other players play vs this line? I just asking, maybe it can be good line as bluff, if players percieve it as "never bluff here" spot.
      I agree with him, and all my friends say it often : bet-check-bet is never a bluff.
      I tried to implement it as a bluff myself because of that but it's not working that much, I don't recommend it :transpire: