[NL2] Flopping a boat - Check back ok at 2nl?

• zednik44
      zednik44
      Silver
      Hi all,

Wonderful flop for us here. Would like to know if the check back on the flop is okay? We keep villain's bluffs in and give him a chance to catch up. Typically I will NEVER slow play strong hands at these limits but I wonder if in cases like these it can be alright. Why or why not? Many thanks !

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
      Stacks:
      UTG ($2) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($0.59) 30bb
      CO ($2) 100bb
      BTN Hero ($3.79) 190bb
      SB ($2) 100bb
      BB ($1.95) 98bb
      Pre-Flop: (0.03, 6 players) Hero is BTN :Kh: :Kc:

3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: :6c: :6s: :Kd: ($0.14, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks
      Turn: :Td: ($0.14, 2)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10
      River: :2h: ($0.34, 2)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $1.40, SB folds
      Final Pot: $2.18
      Hero wins $2.14 (net +$0.58)
      SB collects $0.00 (net -$0.60)
  • 8 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      Yeah it's correct to check back a full as you are not fearing to be outdrawn and you are blocking hugely anything that you could value, which are usually the two main reasons to look for finding a legit slowplay.
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      From what I understand (and I am still a beginner) it is often thought that at NL2 players will call too much so I would think it is possible you missed some value by checking behind on the flop - I guess, without knowing the opponent, it is difficult to say for sure. If you raise the flop, it could be seen as just a c-bet and called or raised often? Perhaps a smaller bet so it is difficult not to call?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Checking the flop is quite standard.
      You have a very strong hand so no need to protect it. The board is very dry so villain can't have many hands he can call with. It is totally fine to check and try to induce some bluffs. Also when you slowplay here he is more likely to call on later streets.
    • pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Silver
      Originally posted by Spidey1978
      From what I understand (and I am still a beginner) it is often thought that at NL2 players will call too much ...
      Yup.. some(!) call too much but mostly when they have some :) .
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by pdfbq
      Originally posted by Spidey1978
      From what I understand (and I am still a beginner) it is often thought that at NL2 players will call too much ...
      Yup.. some(!) call too much but mostly when they have some :) .
      Yes, and I think it is important to think about in which spots they call. They might call too much OTR with weak hands or chase their draws too much, but calling on 66K rainbow board with air is totally different situation.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      You have gobbled up all oxygen, so in this case a check behind is probably best. You should also probably check back AA on a board like this, but for other reasons.
    • TEXASDUKE1
      TEXASDUKE1
      Bronze
      you can only be beat with pocket 6's. it can happen but the chances are slim.
      2nd nut and nothing to worry about. In these situations you need to focus on extracting chips.
      there is no need to push too early or too hard. these hands dont come often enough to have the player fold early and not get any more chips.

have a great day at the tables
    • Dina7427
      Dina7427
      Bronze
      hi i found so much good information from here tnx guys a lot