Range question: 2NL big blind defend

• zednik44
      zednik44
      Silver
      Hi all,

I'm a 2nl player, with about 10k hands. Still learning a lot all the time. I had a question about defending the big blind.

I am currently using the following range (fig 1) as a my BTN raise calling range. Everything in blue I call and the rest I fold. It seems very tight, but it's been fine so far..However today I saw the following range online (fig 2) for a BTN 2x raise. It is subdivided and I wondered if I should be using something closer to this instead? Essentially I would like to learn more about how to appropriately defend the big blind at these stakes. The second range seems to suggest that you defend with any Kx, Ax...I feel that even when I hit, isn't it possible that I will be out-kicked?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

fig 1:

fig 2:
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi zednik44,

I think in the first picture your range is very tight even against a 3x open. You should be flatting a bit wider and then you should also 3bet bluff quite much.

The second range against a 2x open seems reasonable. Vs so small sizing you have great odds to pretty much flat with anything.

You can find some reasonable ranges here: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)

There weazel suggests you should call BBvBTN with: TT-22, ATs-A2s, K5s+, Q7s+, J7s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, AJo-A2o, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o
      and 3bet with: JJ+, AJs+, K4s-K2s, Q6s-Q2s, J6s, T7s, 97s-96s, 86s-85s, 75s+, 64s+, 53s+, 43s, AQo+

I think those look reasonable.
    • zednik44
      zednik44
      Silver
      I only find two of his walkthrough videos online. Is the whole series uploaded? Wanted to purchase silver membership but would rather do that only if his whole series is available.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yes they should all be there. I found 10 videos.

That is indeed a good series. With a silver status you unlock a lot of good coaching videos from different coaches :)
    • zednik44
      zednik44
      Silver
      Thanks ever so much!