[NL2-NL10] NL4 BvB A high and bottom Pair

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $74,00
      Hero:
      $102,00

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $8,00, SB folds, Hero calls $4,00.

12/11/13.2/38/2.5k
        €: ATS 41%
        I mix it up by calling and raising, but most of the time I raise in these spots.
        edit: some more stats
        checkitout12, Cbet70%, foldCBtoR 50% (2) 2nd Barrl 63%(8)

Flop: ($18,00) 9:heart: , T:heart: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

In play I called because I can float, can hit a big draw and I wouldnt like to raise, because he will only bet big Hands and I am committed.
        In my analyses I dislike this call, because this Board hit him hard. But after a while an playing with the Equillator this call seems to be good.

What do you think?

Turn: ($42,00) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $26,00, Hero raises to $82,00 (All-In)

1. check check -> Bet River
        2. c/r now the A isnt so much likely for his range. also an A would often check behind.
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      My NL100 point of view... :rolleyes:

I think 13.2 ATS is pretty tight and playing J9s OOP against this range seems very marginal if not even -EV, so I would fold preflop.

On the flop you hit a pair, but it's bottom pair, however you have a BD OESD and c-bet is expected, so I believe calling here is in place. Also, you have to call if your plan was to float him as you previously mentioned.

Turn brings an A which makes him holding one less possible, so the value of your pair increases imo, but when he second barrels I'm not sure we are ahead, because I don't think he will shoot again with PP 22-88, or KJ+, so I would fold to second barel on the turn.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      of course ATS 13.2% is wrong I fixed it now he has 42%
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      since you got 2.5k hands on him:
      Flop as PFR: making a cbet %? fold2raise vs cbet%? 2nd barrel %?

Also I dont know if I make the c/c on the Flop since I don't see a float opportunity OOP except by either c/c-donkbet Turn or the River float..

As played, I think I would c/r it on the Turn as well

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      fold cb against raise%
      2nd barrel %

i dont like shoving the turn he will call some draws but also alot of madehands so against his range i think you are behind and should just flat the turn or even consider a fold depending on his 2nd barrel% i mean the 2nd ace is clearly no scarecard so eather he is betting for value with a madehand or has a strong draw.