This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 BvB A high and bottom Pair

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $74,00
      Hero:
      $102,00

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $8,00, SB folds, Hero calls $4,00.

12/11/13.2/38/2.5k
        €: ATS 41%
        I mix it up by calling and raising, but most of the time I raise in these spots.
        edit: some more stats
        checkitout12, Cbet70%, foldCBtoR 50% (2) 2nd Barrl 63%(8)

Flop: ($18,00) 9:heart: , T:heart: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

In play I called because I can float, can hit a big draw and I wouldnt like to raise, because he will only bet big Hands and I am committed.
        In my analyses I dislike this call, because this Board hit him hard. But after a while an playing with the Equillator this call seems to be good.

What do you think?

Turn: ($42,00) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $26,00, Hero raises to $82,00 (All-In)

1. check check -> Bet River
        2. c/r now the A isnt so much likely for his range. also an A would often check behind.
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      My NL100 point of view... :rolleyes:

I think 13.2 ATS is pretty tight and playing J9s OOP against this range seems very marginal if not even -EV, so I would fold preflop.

On the flop you hit a pair, but it's bottom pair, however you have a BD OESD and c-bet is expected, so I believe calling here is in place. Also, you have to call if your plan was to float him as you previously mentioned.

Turn brings an A which makes him holding one less possible, so the value of your pair increases imo, but when he second barrels I'm not sure we are ahead, because I don't think he will shoot again with PP 22-88, or KJ+, so I would fold to second barel on the turn.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      of course ATS 13.2% is wrong I fixed it now he has 42%
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      since you got 2.5k hands on him:
      Flop as PFR: making a cbet %? fold2raise vs cbet%? 2nd barrel %?

Also I dont know if I make the c/c on the Flop since I don't see a float opportunity OOP except by either c/c-donkbet Turn or the River float..

As played, I think I would c/r it on the Turn as well

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      fold cb against raise%
      2nd barrel %

i dont like shoving the turn he will call some draws but also alot of madehands so against his range i think you are behind and should just flat the turn or even consider a fold depending on his 2nd barrel% i mean the 2nd ace is clearly no scarecard so eather he is betting for value with a madehand or has a strong draw.