[NL5] KQo, 3bet pot, and an OESD

• MisterSnS
      MisterSnS
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 191 BB (VPIP: 9.26, PFR: 7.41, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 58)
      Hero (SB): 105.6 BB
      BB: 166.8 BB (VPIP: 29.69, PFR: 21.88, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 64)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 19.55, 3Bet Preflop: 15.07, Hands: 183)
      MP: 106.8 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 12.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 163)
      CO: 107.4 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 27.27, Hands: 29)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, CO calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) T:spade: J:diamond: 8:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets 30 BB, CO calls 30 BB

River: (81 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 67.4 BB and is all-in, fold

CO wins 77.6 BB

Fun times. I thought Villain could fold some Tx, and AQ here. Under PP's as well of course. What do you think about the play? I would probably have to overbet as well with my value hands I tended to checkraise on the flop
  • 5 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think stabbing the flop with 2 overs and OESD would be a decent play. I think I like it better than xb flop and call a turn overbet :f_biggrin:

Villains line looks weird. As played I think river shove is ok. Maybe.
    • MisterSnS
      MisterSnS
      Bronze
      lol I'm the guy overbetting :f_biggrin:
    • la55i
      la55i
      :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      I missread the action..

In that case your line looks weird :D
      Basically that flop check and turn overbet looks like you have a monster and you were going to check raise the flop, or then you have total air. When you check the river it looks like you had total air? :f_biggrin:
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      I don't like 3betting KQo SB vs CO already and I don't like checking that flop when we do it.

I don't like overbetting turn after checking the flop either but it can be pretty exploitatively ok I suppose. Not the most optimal (or even sound) sizing in my opinion nevertheless but who knows at this point in a weird hand anyway ? There's an idea at least, I can relate.

Of course river it's hard to know if we can keep up...
      And about balancing your flop play I have to say I don't like the idea of checking strong holdings on TJ8 very much. Then again I can only guess what your whole 3betting range looks like as I've not the same at all but I mean we fear so many turns anyway etc.
      It might very well be the kind of spot where you'd like to go with the "bet range 1/3 flop and bomb most turn" line in my opinion.
    • neliorelva
      neliorelva
      Bronze
      I think that you coul've gone with a C-bet on the flop since your hand can improve and you have 2 overs.
      Originally posted by la55i
      :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      I missread the action..

In that case your line looks weird :D
      Basically that flop check and turn overbet looks like you have a monster and you were going to check raise the flop, or then you have total air. When you check the river it looks like you had total air? :f_biggrin:
      I aggree with this. I think that with your line you can be representing TT, JJ and i think those hands would value bet the river and not check and by doing that your opponnent just puts you in "air".