Value bet TPGK on River + multiway

• vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      PokerStars $0.23+$0.02 - NLHE Tournament (SNG, 45-man, regular) - 10/20/3 Blinds - 8 players

UTG+1: 1394 (70 bb)
      MP: 1719 (86 bb)
      MP+1: 1716 (86 bb)
      HJ: 1609 (80 bb)
      CO: 1321 (66 bb), (12) VP:33 PFR:0 AF:0.5 3B:0 AS:0 FS:0 CB:0 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0
      Hero (BTN): 1374 (69 bb)
      SB: 1671 (84 bb), (6) VP:16 PFR:16 AF:1.0 3B:50 AS:0 FS:0 CB:100 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0
      BB: 1374 (69 bb), (12) VP:8 PFR:8 AF:0.0 3B:0 AS:0 FS:0 CB:0 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0

Preflop: (54) Hero is BTN with K :diamond: T :diamond:
      4 folds, CO calls 20, Hero calls 20, SB calls 10, BB checks

Flop: (104) K :spade: 3 :club: 9 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (104) 6 :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets 52, CO calls 52, Hero calls 52, SB calls 52

River: (312) 4 :club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero ???

My first thought in a limped pot is to bet the Flop if given the chance. However, against 3 players i don't want to bloat the pot this early and prefer check/call and i also have position. The River i decided to bet after signs of weakness and i believe i will get calls from worse hands, as my hand looks like a value-bet hand in this board and action.
      I played it OK? if not, what i could possibly change?
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I prefer an aggressive approach pre-flop and I would raise to like 80 to isolate the limper in position and have the initiative during the hand as well. As played I would defiantly bet the flop for value with top pair and if someone will raise you can still fold.

As played I would call the turn as well and make a thin value bet on the river. I don’t think the players will give you credit for top pair here.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      I prefer an aggressive approach pre-flop and I would raise to like 80 to isolate the limper in position and have the initiative during the hand as well. As played I would defiantly bet the flop for value with top pair and if someone will raise you can still fold.
      Thanx @SDK, much appreciated.
      However, what's our plan on Turn / River if we get a call or calls? shutdown and check/call then (unless improved), given the increased pot? We turn our TPGK into a C-bet like without raised preflop, one and done on Flop when multiway? thanx
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If we get 1 call I would go still for a thin value bet on the turn and most likely check it down on the river. Against more calls I would most likely check the turn already and make a thin value bet on the river if they check.
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      thanx!
      I now understand and like your plan more than mine.
      My passivity won't lead me anywhere, except by pure luck, and since i will call a moderate bet i should bet myself now, then decide later streets with more information.
      Perhaps both actions (mine and yours) require the same amount of money, but yours is more aggressive.
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      I would raise this hand pf and c-bet the flop (for value) and if you c-bet often as bluff, in order to be balanced, so we c-bet our bluffs as well as our value hands (unless on flops where it´s better to check-back like on very wet flops f.e.). Turn: one more barrel.

Would raise pf about 4x
      c-Bet about 40 % pot
      bet turn about 40 % pot
      bet river for value about 30 % pot

We have a decent value-hand and on the flop in such low limit tourney also middle and botton pair could call you, as well as some backdoor- and gutshot-draws.

I think you missed value by not betting for value.
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primrose6789
      I would raise this hand pf and c-bet the flop (for value) and if you c-bet often as bluff, in order to be balanced, so we c-bet our bluffs as well as our value hands (unless on flops where it´s better to check-back like on very wet flops f.e.). Turn: one more barrel.

Would raise pf about 4x
      c-Bet about 40 % pot
      bet turn about 40 % pot
      bet river for value about 30 % pot

We have a decent value-hand and on the flop in such low limit tourney also middle and botton pair could call you, as well as some backdoor- and gutshot-draws.

I think you missed value by not betting for value.
      Thanx!
      yes, i think that as well. I am always betting the Flop here, i don't know why i hesitated back then.
      However, i have some difficulties adjusting into double + triple barrels or attacking preflop, being extra nit in early stages :s_frown:
      I guess 45-man+ require this kind of aggression.
      Ty for the details :s_love: