[NL5] ATo hitting 2P

• Klausen16
      Klausen16
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

what you think about this hand?

Hero (BTN): 107 BB
      SB: 116 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
      BB: 111 BB
      UTG: 246.4 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
      MP: 113.8 BB
      CO: 116.6 BB

So we play vs unkown SB with full Stack.

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, SB raises to 8.4 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop is just std. for me I or with 2.5 BB and call 3bet with ATo IP.

Flop: (17.8 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: 7:spade: A:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

OTF I feel like having a lot of value vs the 3Bet -> Check vs him. And because of his 3 Bet I thought it would be more valuable to check behind to make him betting. As well he 3 bet me instead of calling and I got 2 blockers. So probably he would just give up here most of the time. With my 2P i felt confident vs any next card. The board is dry as fukk so I decide to give him a chance to bet on turn.

Turn: (17.8 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 13 BB, SB raises to 37.2 BB, Hero calls 24.2 BB

OTT he doesnt bet at all so I decide to start betting to avoid running river without any further bet/calls. And he calls ...

River: (92.2 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      SB bets 70.4 BB and is all-in, Hero ...

On the river he push it now. Seems like a huge slowplay ore a huge hit on river/turn. He could go all in with:
      I assum he play this like with KQ and JJ maybe. With TT he would be on Flop or Turn because my range has some Ax for sure and I would call many times.
      77 3Bet is possible as well but unusual and he should have bet flop or turn as well. AX he would be on Turn probably at least if he does not on flop before. Pocket 3er 3Bet preflop is strang for me as well. Anyway ... what hand does I beat on the river ??? If it is not a huge slow-play-bluff I do not see me win here at all or am I wrong?

Thanks guys! :)
  • 4 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      Bad check back flop. Half of the deck create a possible straight on the turn.

Weird line for him, what a slowplay ! Smells like set but let's call to see.
      Because if the plan is to fold DP on an okay board it was no use to flat that hand pre.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Let's say villain uses 3bet/fold strategy from SB and is going to 3bet us often. He has 77 in his range. It is possible that he checks the flop with sets and 2 pair because the board is dry and he wants to keep his checking strange strong when OOP. Some guys can also just make weird plays and slow their strong hands, so let's not exclude any of his strong hands.

I think villain could have about this: TT,77,3d3h,3d3s,3d3c,ATs,A7s,A3s,KdQd,9d8d,9h8h,ATo

Sets beat us. I gave only 2 combos of 89s and put only KdQd because I think he wouldn't raise the turn with just a gutshot that often. We split against AT and we beat A7s and A3s.

Against that range you would have 35% equity and to call profitably you need roughly 30%.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Silver
      You have to bet the flop, the flop is alot wetter than you think. If he uses a 3bet/fold strat from the SB this board smashes his ranges with gutshots/tp's etc. Think of JQ/KJ/KQ AJ etc etc
      The turn on the other hand is a superblank, there are way less backdoors you should be afraid of compared to the possible flop gutshots. As you are blocking the backdoor nutflushdraw.

As played this seems to a slowplayed AA to me, as i wouldn't expect him to 3bet KQ or similar pre and play it this way postflop. (maybe KQdd or 98dd but that's it)
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      to make him betting
      this is wrong because Axx boards are usually overbluffed that means that his checking range has lots of made hands rather than complete air, so i dont think that he will suddenly start bluffing on the turn. u should rather bet since u want to get it in by the river vs his weak tps.