[NL2] AJo as TPTP vs Push

• Klausen16
      Klausen16
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

todays hand we got here:

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 5)
      BB: 80 BB
      Hero (UTG): 101 BB
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
      CO: 117.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      BTN: 48 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 4.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: A:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (12.5 BB, 4 players) J:heart: 6:heart: 7:spade:
      BB bets 12 BB, Hero calls 12 BB, fold, BTN calls 12 BB

Turn: (48.5 BB, 3 players) T:spade:
      BB bets 65 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

Pre:
      So we play vs the BB with an 80-BB Stake. It is the first hand that I play vs him so his almost unkown. The thing that I know it that he starts with 80 BB which is strange for me but well. I std-or he calls. To improve my range-feeling I gave him the following range. But thats a hard thing for me because the 80 BB Stake and the first hand.

BB Call vs UTG range:
      JJ-22,AQo-ATo,KQo,AQs-ATs,A5s-A2s,KQs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,54s,43s,32s

OTF
      We hit TPTK and got the donk of him with like 100% pot size. The -donk-bet seems really strong for me but with TPTK i am not sure about folding here. As well -> Turn is a :heart: we would hold the nut flush draw as well. I think he donks with sets here and maybe -> with flushdraw + pair or flushdraw + OESD.

After analyzing this it seems like a easy fold on the flop. :/ ... I called it but probably he does not donk with the draws -> so he just would donk sets here. What you think?

OTT
      He push the stake into my face and its an easy fold for me. I dont win a hand vs him here (if he is not bluffing).
  • 3 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I don't think you have to make any deep analysis here.
      You have TPTK and nut backdoor flush draw OTF, villain donks pot but with your hand you probably have to call at least once.
      Turn doesn't help you but instead it completes some straight draws. Villain can have any sets and 2pair in his range. Calling an overbet shove just doesn't seem profitable with TPTK and very little chance to improve.

After analyzing this it seems like a easy fold on the flop. :/ ... I called it but probably he does not donk with the draws -> so he just would donk sets here. What you think?
      I wouldn't say he donks sets only. I would say he can donk all kinds of things.
    • GilGunderson
      GilGunderson
      Bronze
      Hey Klausen16, I'm new here but I like a lot your analysis because it'll improve your knowledge. Thanks to sharing
    • pdfbq
      pdfbq
      Silver
      I just posted a thread with almost the same question!
      Anyways. I think for you to call on flop is doable cause of your Ah indeed.
      Dunno, interested what the others think.

Edit: I forgot, I would fold turn (almost insta).