Just starting with SSS

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Hi all.

Been playing for a couple of years now, mostly SNGs and low level stuff. Really want to build up the bankroll though as its not really improving much. Friend of mine told me about this site, and I eventually caved in and did the tutoruials and now just waiting for my deposit to be made on Titan.

The plan is to ONLY play this strategy as it is meant to be played, and see where it takes my bankroll. I'm not even ready to set a target goal yet until I get a good sense of the dynamics of the strategy. LOOKS sound, but I want to see it happen for myself. (Doubting Thomas I guess, I see a lot of 'strategies' out there.)

Anyway, from Ontario Canada, middle age (thats as close to my actual age you need to know), married, male, been running my own poker league for awhile, but really want to build up a cash game bankroll online. Looking forward to getting to know this site better.
  • 6 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Welcome...............nice to have someone else who has passed through puberty to chat to for a change.......... :D
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I survived puberty...barely.

I remember the first moon landing (yes, we actually WERE there). I remember the last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Hell, the first hockey game I EVER saw in COLOUR was Team Canada vs Russia, man that was HISTORY right there...imagine...COLOUR! WOW.

Now I feel really old...thanks Andy :(
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      You'll feel even older when you read posts from these kids moaning about exams, squeezing in a few hands between classes, and changing girgfriends every 2 weeks etc!

Where in Canada are you? I have family in Vancouver. ;)
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Ontario, a part of the Greater Toronto Area, placed called Brampton. Not the heart of the city, more of a suburb on the edge of it.

Exams, changing girlfriends every two weeks...god I miss the old days ;) Wish that was ALL I had to worry about these days.

Just got an email saying my deposit is waiting for me...damn that was fast! Was expecting it to take a minimum of two days, not less than 12hrs! Thanks SSS!!! When I get home tonight, I'll start playing by the book and see where it gets me.

Wish me luck.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey there STR82ACE and welcome to PokerStrategy!

Good to see new faces in the forum that are looking to improve their game and play with strategy. Although it is enough to simply play clockwork ABC poker at the low limits I can only advise you to always think critically about what you are actually doing (and why you are doing it). It is only this way that you can actually improve and makes the game more fun :) As I can only highly recommend actively posting in our hand evaluation boards.

I'd also of course like to welcome you to our community! We have plenty of fellow Canadians here (some are here: Any other Canadians @ this site? & here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/group/g132/PokerStrategy_Canada.html) of which there are certainly a fair share of hockey fans :)

Good luck at the tables!
      SoyCD
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Thanks Soy

Just made a post in the Canadian thread that should start a battle ;)

GO BRUINS GO!

I'll be sure to read a lot here on strategies and be sure I will be posting HHs as often as I can.

Thanks for the very quick deposit btw. Already there waiting for me to come home and try out this system.