$1.5 SnG: oesd + OC's

• DaToepFa
      DaToepFa
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds 3 Ante (9 players)

Hero (MP1) (t1,408)
      MP2 (t1,478)
      MP3 (t1,298)
      CO (t1,515)
      Button (t1,458)
      SB (t1,765)
      BB (t1,428)
      UTG (t1,662)
      UTG+1 (t1,488)

Hero's M: 24.70

Preflop: Hero ist MP1 mit A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t60, 2 folds, CO calls t60, 2 folds, BB calls t40

Flop: (t217) 10:club: , J:diamond: , 9:spade: (3 Spieler)
      BB checks, Hero bets t120, CO raises to t400, 1 fold, Hero ?

On the flop I make a contibet with many outs. But what do you guys do against the raise? Shove b/c the pot is already big or muck and wait for a better spot? Sadly, no reads on CO...
  • 5 replies
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      Since this is 9-man $1.5, play tends to be tight, especially in early stages.
      I don't like the C-bet at all since you're sandwitched between 2 players and the board is crap and one that hit the callers, not raisers.
      I would just check/fold, not giving another chip. Chips are very previous early stages and AQx like hands are not that strong against tight players which is frequent in 9-man games.
      In my opinion, it's an ICM kill to give your whole stack on a draw that may give you like ~45% equity, which is not enough early.
      And of course that's only good if they're not hit anything which is very unlikely.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      In a multiway pot, I would check multi way as well on a wet board like this. You have decent number of outs and if 1 of them will raise you need to fold this hand as well. That would be bad.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Okkernootje
      Okkernootje
      Silver
      @vzvl: lol check/fold is outrageous and bad imo. We have zero info about villains and therefore can expect a lot. The argument with ICM "kill" isn't that strong either, since icm factor is at its lowest atm.

That said, this flop hits both calling ranges pretty hard. So I too like the check and would almost always go for a check/call here with a lot of (nut) outs and backdoor (nut) flush draws. Evaluate turn.
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Okkernootje
      @vzvl: lol check/fold is outrageous and bad imo. We have zero info about villains and therefore can expect a lot. The argument with ICM "kill" isn't that strong either, since icm factor is at its lowest atm.

That said, this flop hits both calling ranges pretty hard. So I too like the check and would almost always go for a check/call here with a lot of (nut) outs and backdoor (nut) flush draws. Evaluate turn.
      You're constantly loling on other answers, this is actually outrageous and downright rude.
      Learn basic behaviour first before trying fixing one's strategy, it's more important.
      IMO and LOLing in both sentence is downright bad behaviour and shows no willingness to help anyway.
      I thought it was pretty clear that "ICM kill" was referred to giving your whole stack but you just used that to build up your fishy behaviour. Don't need your advice mister, go elsewhere.
      Don't like my answer? downvote it, never reply, you've done it at least 5 times.
    • Okkernootje
      Okkernootje
      Silver
      If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

This is place where everybody can share their thoughts about pokerstrategy. You give yours, I give mine. So im sorry if you are offended, thats surely not my intention. I'll make sure i'll take this into account in the future. Nothing personal as well, since you are referring to "at least 5 times".

I can see you are trying to give advice (which is good), but you are not always correct in my opinion. Here, this advice to x/f, is bad. But if you think I'm wrong, dont hasitate to proof me wrong as well.