9 man SNGs - Which Poker Room offers most value?

• ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      Hi there,

I used to play MTT's, but since our son was born i don't have time for MTT's. I do have some time to play SNGs once in a while and in the past i've played 9mans (normal and turbo) with a lot of pleasure and a tiny bit of succes.

I would like to play them now as Main Game. The question is: Where do we find the most value? I consider IPoker, PokerStars, 888poker and WinningPokerNetwork as my options.

We need to consider the skill level of other players, rakeback or the value you can get from player points, structure of the SNG, SNG promotions and traffic i guess.....

Skill level:
      Rakeback/Player Points:
      SNG Structure:
      SNG Promotions:
      Traffic:

What do you guys think? Maybe we can find a pokerroom that's far better than other, so this could turn out to be a valueable thread.
  • 22 replies
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      I think i can fill in some (first is the best for us) :

Skill level: 888poker - IPoker - Pokerstars and WinningPokerNetwork being the toughest?
      Rakeback/Player Points:
      SNG Structure:
      SNG Promotions:
      Traffic: PokerStars - 888poker - WinningPokerNetwork - IPoker
    • tempera99
      tempera99
      Bronze
      lets beat them
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      I'm getting ready for a proper month long grind and I will be playing on Party Poker. There is chatter onlinethat the field is weak, I used to play them a few years ago too, and there is a 40% rakeback deal. I've heard people mention 888 as a good one, but I'd be a bit worried about the traffic. Party is ok for traffic but not as fantastic like Stars obv.
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      You mean that's 40% rakeback with no minimum playing requirements? I thought they had a VIP-Level system, they had that for years. You were getting 2 points per $1 rake and you needed a lot of points for just $5 cash. And the structure was not for me, i thought they hd 4 minute turbo's (or even 3 minutes) with 100/200 blinds going to 200/400 without any level between them. That's why i didn't mentioned it as an option....
    • Post removed

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      I don't think there is a requirement (EDIT: 40% rakeback is the top tier, which you reach at a certain level of volume. That's the level I'll reach with the number of SNGs I'll play), it looks pretty straightforward, and definately the rakeback system they have in place now is brand new - so it wouldn't be anything like when you played. http://www.partypoker.com/blog/rakeback-returns.html Worth considering imo, if the field is indeed weak (there's a good chance) and you play a highly exploitative game, the structure doesn't change things too much I don't think, maybe you're going to have a little more variance?
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      Yes, i do think the structure will turn out in lot of variance or lower ROI%. The link you gave shows that you only get some cashback after getting at least 25 point a week (25points = 25 dollars in rake). Playing $3 games with probably 30 cents in rake, this is a tough task for me.

At 888 you'll pay $3 as a buyin and 30 cents from that is the rake. It's hard to tell what their cashback % is if you use the gold coins to buy cash or tickets.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      If you play the 5.5 ($0.40 rake) SNGs on Party this means you need to play at least 63 SNGs a week. There are also 2.20 SNG (.19 rake), you'd have to play a little more than 126 a week to get rakeback. I didn't see $3 SnGs there, I think it goes 2.2 - 5.5 - 11.
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      lol the 3 dollars were back in the old days i think :f_p: 63 SNGs should be a number i can sometimes reach in a week, but sometimes it wil not happen. This means that i will get nothing if i would ply about 50 SNGs of $5,50 right? And is the structure still 100/200 to 200/400?

I had some hope somebody could tell a lot about the difference between the sites. I really don't like the Stars Rewards, i'm getting a lot of almost empty chests.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not too familiar with 888Poker, but that could be a good alternative as well.
      They have 1 of the softest player poule of all poker rooms.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      That's true but it also doesn't have a nice reward system i think.
    • insomnia666
      insomnia666
      Gold
      Originally posted by ShovingLoose
      That's true but it also doesn't have a nice reward system i think.
      Exactly.
      That's why in this room and in the other similar rooms, you must play on higher levels. The value is there. For the lower levels you must prefer this list:
      SNG Promotions:
      Rakeback/Player Points:
      Traffic:
      SNG Structure:
      Skill level:

You have the smallest edge in this format. I mean NL Hold'em. Nothing similar to the MTT and the cash game. That's why the rakeback is so important for you. No shame in that.
      Tell me something. What is your target?
      Playing for fun?
      Playing to make good roll in the fastest way ?
      Or playing to learn this format in the fastest way?
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      Hi insomnia , my target is to play 9man SNGs as a maingame. I just became a father so i don't have that much time to spend to poker. MTTSNGs and MTT's will be tough to play as our son keeps me busy sometimes. For over the next few years, i'm aiming for a 4-day work week and 1 day "daddy-day". I would like to play some SNGs on that day and in the weekend on Friday and Saturday evening. I would like to grow as far as possible for me in stakes, maybe some day adding money i earned from poker to our total income to spend on all kind of things.

As far as i can see now:
      Pokerstars: Tougher player pool - lots of traffic - no promotions and those chests are not really worth it.
      888Poker: Skill level pretty low - good traffic until $10 and sometimes $20 - Gold Coins aren't worth that much (getting at a higher level and gaining acces to the 60+, 80+ and 100+ level could be a nice benefit, although i don't know how often i can play those freerolls).
      IPoker: Skill level: Medium , poor traffic and probably the rewards depends on which room you choose. I don't know which IPoker room has the highest return if you want to convert your player points.
      WinningPokerNetwork: Skill level: medium to tough, Traffic is poor on daytime, better late in the evening. The traffic is focussing on the Regular speeds which takes about 80 minutes to complete. 27% rakeback regardless of how much you play :)
    • insomnia666
      insomnia666
      Gold
      Skill level: medium to tough

There isn't such a thing. I mean anywhere. Only in PS, $15+. The problem with the regs is other. Too long to explain and my English is not so well.
      You must change this "Skill level" to "Regs percentage"or something , like this.
      In Pokerstars you will learn faster this format. The sessions is not too long. With the same volume. I mean, for example, you will play certain number for 2 hours, but in the others rooms this will take 3-3.5 hours.
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      I play on iPoker and PartyPoker, I favour iPoker. Everest Poker has an awesome rake-back system and a lot of :f_ugly: :f_ugly: . My impression is that the players on PartyPoker are a bit better than on iPoker or 888Poker. While on PartyPoker you already find some solid regs at the 1€ and 2€ limits, on iPoker the 1 and 2 s are very soft and easy. You need basic knowledge, Villains make huge mistakes postflop and don´t know ICM.

PartyPoker in a 9-max SnG: about 3-4 regs with basic knowledge (but not so good)
      iPoker: 9-max and 6-max SnGs: total :f_ugly: :f_ugly: , 0-1 solid reg per SnG

PartyPoker DON: forget it. About 3 regs in a 6-max DON
      iPoker: DON: very profitable! 0-2 regs per 6-max DON

I only play on Party for the Strategy-Points and for MTTs - I like the MTTs there.
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      I've played some STT SNGs on all sites the last week. 888 and Ipoker are more profitable i think compared to WinningPokerNetwork and PokerStars. 888 had an okay-traffic, Ipoker has low traffic. I will try ll sites this month before making a descision on what site i will play after this month.

Winning: 27% rakeback
      IPoker (Ladbrokes) : About 14% on the lowest level if you convert points 100 for 1 euro (their site says 90 points for a euro= 15,56%). Coral has 16% on lowest level. On Coral it is easier to get to a higher level and reach e higher rakeback %. So on Ipoker (didn't research other IPoker skins) Coral is the best choice.
      888poker: Can't figure this one out
      PokerStars: Can't see due different prizes in their chests.
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Originally posted by ShovingLoose
      IPoker (Ladbrokes) : About 14% on the lowest level if you convert points 100 for 1 euro (their site says 90 points for a euro= 15,56%). Coral has 16% on lowest level. On Coral it is easier to get to a higher level and reach e higher rakeback %. So on Ipoker (didn't research other IPoker skins) Coral is the best choice..
      Same for Everest-Poker, but please choose Coral poker and don´t eat my fishes! :f_ugly: :f_tongue:
    • ShovingLoose
      ShovingLoose
      Silver
      Everest = also IPoker right? Are they not sharing player pools like all IPokerskins?
    • Post removed