I think I have a MAJOR problem

• AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      So looking at my stats tonight at NL 10 and I see a major leak. I need to know what you guys think is the best way to deal with this

Here is my BB/100 by position

EP - (-15.27)
      MP - 19.58
      CO - 19.59
      BTN - 21.77
      SB - (-15.87)
      BB - (-70.90)

I am currently in the red at NL 10 through 5,767 hands at -$40.63 (-7.05 BB/100)

Here is what through me for a loop

My C Won w/o blinds is $125.82 :f_ugly:

HELP!!! :f_cry:
  • 12 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      No worries buddy, let's look at those stats when you have played 10 times that many hands.

You are 4 stacks under in this sample so you have -7bb/100. That is not relevant yet. You can go 4 stacks up or down easily in one day, so there is really no point in looking at the overall winrate either. To get an accurate overall winrate I think 100k hands is needed. Now you have less than 1k per position, so no reason to look at these at all.

After my summer break I have played 50k hands and I have looked at my positional wr from time to time. My wr in some positions changer up to 10bb/100 when I played from 40k to 50k. So you see those are not accurate.

There might be some leaks when you play your big blind but that we can figure out by analyzing your hands.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Your sample is indeed small, but it’s weird you losing money in EP.
      Maybe it’s good to know the stats (VPIP, PFR, etc) per position as well if you are analyzing your game like this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • la55i
      la55i
      5767 hands total so about 1k hands per position. -15bb/100 winrate would mean hero has lost about one stack from UTG.
      Hero gets a couple of good hands when UTG and his winrate is already positive.

Really, let's not make any conclusions based on 5k hands :f_biggrin:
    • AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      Well when I was looking at it closer I was thinking of one change I can make in my game when I was looking over the hands where I folded the BB. I have a wide range I am folding, including most suited aces, a bunch of lower pocket pairs for example.

This my fold to any preflop raise from the Big Blind chart

So my plan my next few sessions is to not fold the BB when I will be heads up vs a loose player, when I have cards like Ax, Kx and pocket pairs. I have so many hands when I was reviewing like this that I could have played heads up vs these types of players. I think this can help my win rate for BB. Of course I will continue to fold in a multi way pot, not heads up, or if I would be heads up vs a reg or tighter player.

Yea I know its a small sample size, but I would like to get this resolved before it does become a problem.

As for my EP, im not to worried about this. Im down about $7 at NL10 from this position. My VPIP at EP is 11.60.
    • la55i
      la55i
      When playing at the blinds, especially on BB, the key thing is defending. If you fold all the time you will make -100bb/100.

I'm not sure how to interpret your chart but it looks like you are folding a lot. For example those suited aces should be played always. Only exception is maybe against UTG open and in case someone opens and another player 3bets him.

Vs smaller open sizes you should defend wider. For example when SB or BTN just minraises you can play about 80% of your hands.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      As previous stated this sample is supersmall. 1 allin for 100bb and your winrate in a certain position goes up/down bij 10bb.
      Your BB winrate does seem a bit low indeed. But you shouldn't make to big changes to your playstyle else it could backfire on you.
      For example you shouldn't be increasing your BB defend vs UTG as you're only going to bring yourself in spots where you are often dominated.

Secondly i think your BTN winrate is on the lowish side now. But all in all this sample really doesn't say anything.
    • AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      Well one major change I will be making to my game is playing one table. I had been dabbling in multi table and I was having trouble with it. Even two tables I was just having trouble focusing. When I play one table I seem to be in my A game more than if I play multi table and win more when I play one table. Im able to think out decisions and hand read better. I just always feel rushed, and that is prob effecting these win rates including BB where if im playing multi table I am quick to hit the fold button without giving it any thought.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ldmariodl28
      Well one major change I will be making to my game is playing one table. I had been dabbling in multi table and I was having trouble with it. Even two tables I was just having trouble focusing. When I play one table I seem to be in my A game more than if I play multi table and win more when I play one table. Im able to think out decisions and hand read better. I just always feel rushed, and that is prob effecting these win rates including BB where if im playing multi table I am quick to hit the fold button without giving it any thought.
      Hi ldmariodl28,
      Yeah, playing 1 table, and focusing on what you are doing -- and why -- will help your game a lot.

Even at one table, if you feel rushed, take your time -- don't snap fold, or snap call. Tell yourself what range you expect the other player to have, and why you are folding, raising or calling.

Also, get Equilab -- it's free. Equilab will help you see what equity you had vs the other players.

And to echo the other players, don't sweat the numbers since your sample size is small. For now, concentrated on playing hands whose quality matches your position. Post-flop, play carefully.

Have you followed all the articles in the NL Lessons Overview? It is aimed at lower limits to start, but the principles still apply.

All the best,
      VS
    • AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      @vorpal

Basically my set up is like this.

I have two monitors, one for playing and the other I have a spreadsheet I built which I can calculate pot odds & out % for turn and river along with an equity calculator to determine if I should call a 3 bet (I saw this from one of the lessons here on Pokerstrategy). Also on that screen I have flopzilla running to review my ranges while playing. Obviously when I play multi table I cant utilize these things which I think also hinders my win rate since I dont have the time to use my tools when playing.

Also what has helped me playing one table is I have started to record myself playing and talking on a headset out loud speaking through my thoughts. I have been uploading these to youtube as private videos so I can go back and review them at a later date to see my play as I improve.

In addition I have been working on off the felt hand reading exercises. I really feel confident playing when I play one table because I can go through all the motions.

I will feel much better though once I start playing stronger from the BB lol. What do you think of the strategy to open up my BB range when I will be heads up vs a loose player?

PS - If anyone would like a link to any of my youtube videos since they are not listed and want to critique me, im more than happy to share it.
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Bronze
      What do you folks think about taking a 1 table shot when moving up to the next level? I'm just about ready for 10NL on more than one network and I'm wondering if the 1 table first approach would be the most sensible. At least until I get my feet wet.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think that is a good idea, and preferably regular tables.
      If you are used to multitabling maybe you could open 1 table of NL10 and then some NL5 tables.

Playing a new limit is always exciting and a bit scary. You need to get used to the limit. So instantly going for the high volume doesn't make that much sense imo. Take it slow :f_thumbsup:
    • tmannie
      tmannie
      Bronze
      you seem to be aware of what you are doing so I agree it is only a matter of time and accumulating more hands (as the Rolling Stones said Time is on your side). A good way to practice multi tabling I use is to play a few free rolls at the same time , usually this requires having 2 or 3 sites open at the same time to get free rolls running at more or less the same time.