TOP-250 promotion

• petteriiiiiii
      petteriiiiiii
      Bronze
      On FTP u get 2 strategypoints for every 1$ u rake, on other sites u get those points like 5 times faster, its impossible to get to top 250 playing on FTP. I know that pokerstrategy makes more money when ppl playing on other sites than FTP but it would be nice if us FTP players would have some change on that TOP250 promotion.
  • 15 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      What's the best site to get into TOP250? I mean if you include traffic, limits and everything like that.
    • petteriiiiiii
      petteriiiiiii
      Bronze
      Well at mansion u get points 2x faster and ipoker has lotsa tables, i think i get even more points at everest or somewhere else.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Few months back I read that Titan was the best. Probably better than Mansion, because of higher rake :D
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Few months back I read that Titan was the best. Probably better than Mansion, because of higher rake :D
      Titan Poker $1 Rake = 3 StrategyPoints
      Mansion Poker $1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

i think its pretty easy to figure out which one is better in terms of getting PS points :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I thought it's the same rake/SP. So, yeah... Mansion is the answer then :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Party and Everest are pretty fast than Mansion bwin i would say.

Anyway if you ain't FL player you can not get near top100 what even top50. You need to play sick volume and like at least 100k hands to get anywhere higher. FL rocks for those rankings simple and clear.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah right... How did you come up with this?
      In Top20 you have lots of SNG and NL players.

You know that you get more points playing NL than FL per 100 hands, right? Besides that, you can play +2x times more tables.

F3rt, who is Top1 plays FL 100/200 limit. Isn't that "sick" enough for you? :)
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Anyone know how pokerstars compares to party and titan in terms of strategy points?
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global

You know that you get more points playing NL than FL per 100 hands, right? Besides that, you can play +2x times more tables.

And how you know what are they playing? All you have is what some write in profiles. And F3rt said bis(which means up to) 100/200. I doubt he plays mostly those.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey petteriiiiiii,

As you already stated in your post; the amount of StrategyPoints given on the individual websites reflect the deals we have with different platforms. That means if we are investing a lot into bonuses/promotions or rakeback at a certain platform (by taking over or sharing the costs of these) it might result in lower StrategyPoints. This is normal for any economic system and important for the functioning of our model.

Just as there are sites on which it is easier to earn StrategyPoints than on Full Tilt, there are also sites on which it is harder. All these sites in return have distinct advantages and disadvantages. Some might have higher bonuses others higher fish density and others higher traffic for specific formats or limits. On Full Tilt for example you have rakeback & high traffic and various promotions from which you benefit.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec

And how you know what are they playing? All you have is what some write in profiles. And F3rt said bis(which means up to) 100/200. I doubt he plays mostly those.
      And you know better, right? :) Just look up to theirs forum.
      Wanna know why are there so many high volume FL players?
      1. They are mostly (crazy) Germans.
      2. Because they are German, their Idol is on of the creators of PokerStrategy - Korn and because he plays FL, more Germans play it too.
      3. At start of PokerStrategy, there were only FL articles (or really high % of them). All they taught was FL. That's why now, 3 years later there are so many high volume FL players. And believe me... This will change in a year or two, because more and more people are starting with NL or SNG as their career. There will be more articles about that style of play, more videos and TOP250 will eventually be overrun by NL/SNG players.

P.S.
      And you of course answered only about that... You forgot to comment to others stuff like... More points for NL, twice as more tables for NL, ... :)
      But reason is elsewhere (as I described).
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I disagree that two players that have same bankroll and stick to BRM written at this site and play same number of tables that NL player get more points. But yes as i read NL players on average play a bit more tables but not that many;)

All that matters is anyone can get high ;)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Just look at subforums here on PS.com about "points" per 100 hands and you will see NL players get more points. That's because pots are bigger and because of that they pay more rake. It's logical... No Limit - Fixed Limit :)

Not many more tables? I've seen NL players play 16-24 tables with two monitors making few thousands of hands a day... Haven't seen FL players play more than 8 tables.
      Just try 5 tables NL and then 5 tables FL and report back :P
      At stars I play 3 FL tables and it's action 24/7. NL players would get bored with 3 NL tables :P
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by slikec
      you generate the same amount of rake at 30/60 as you do at 100/200 (bc of the rake cap)
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Generally, in the Top250 Promotion those players contributing the most should be rewarded.

As on Full Tilt Poker, we have to fully pay the rakeback, it is normal that you can earn StrategyPoints in a slower pace there.

Even though not perfect, the idea behind StrategyPoints is to have a measure of contribution to the site and thus the financing of all the contents, promotions, servers, services etc.

All detail about where you can earn how many StrategyPoints can be found here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/rewards