This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How many times you lost your BR or lost at least half of it?

• RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I am interested how many times you pro's or semi pro's from PS lost your BR or at least lost half of it, before you learned your lesson and discipline yourself.

I am asking because i believe, that losing bankroll or in general losing is natural process of learning poker and to become disciplined player (successful player).
      Am i right? Your opinions, please thanks.
  • 25 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I lost $20 before I joined PokerStrategy but after PokerStrategy, the $50+$100 capital is still mine :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I never lost more than 20% of my BR
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I am at 1000$. I'm not a pro nor semi-pro, but I have never lost not even a half of my BR.
      I am very disciplined player and I know when to stop playing or when to drop a limit (or two) if necessary. I think I've never lost even 1/3 of my BR.

If you lose your BR and you see this as a step to becoming a disciplined player I guess you've learned your lesson and it's all right.
      But I think it's more likely that you will do this again :P
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Ive lost 60% before but i made it back pretty quick.
      I sorta dont have the capital anymore because FTP called me a bot, but i am allowed to withdraw my remaining money. But for what was left in there i couldnt be bothered :P
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      i lost a few free rolls ($10-$20). I came close to losing alot which forced me to become disciplined.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I have lost as much as half of it recently, I had just moved up limits. I already recovered some of it and hope to recover the rest very soon.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I almost lost my 50$ at Party when i started but i didn't and one week later i found this site(i wish i could have Party tracked otherwise best thing i could find probably) and almost lost my starting capital to. But than i decided that i should take my self together and am making small profit each month with some downswing and bad play along they way. My problem is that i still play micro stakes so after my donkaments first 14days later on when i made some roll i think i never lost more than 10%. Now my problem is that i kinda like playing low limits and am scared playing with 50$+ on tables ;(
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      well I lost $5 free on stars

Then lost $50 here

Then lost $25 at vc poker

Then $25 at luckyace

Decided if i wanted to win I needed to learn

Then freerolled my way up :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I lost about 35$ (from my original 50) before I started making a profit ^^

edit: that's why I'm a bankroll nit since then :tongue:
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Lost it to $0 about 3-4 times and lost half of it about 3-4 times ^^.
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      In past few days I lost 10% from my 1000$ bankroll. I am still on downswing, and I am having feeling like I can't win single hand ;( . Yesterday after 100 hands I got AA, one donk went all in preflop with KK and I called. He got flush and I stopped playing yesterday :( . Today I lost vs guy who every second hand going all in, He 3beted my AQ all in and because he is loose I called. He had KQ but I lost. After 100 more hands today I couldn't win a hand, and I just quited to avoid tilting. :(
      I have a feeling like I would for the first time loose at least 25% of my BR, but I had never lost even a half of BR :D

edit: I lost my second 50$ BR at Mansion, I didn't followed BRM :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      lost 90% of mine on stars when I started playing poker ( 20 bi for 180 man sit&go's lol ) , now I've lost 30% of my bankroll on fulltilt running very very bad.

I lost mansion's starting capital and one on cd poker that were "gifts" , I gambled it away on blackjack + omaha4rollz :D
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Well i forgot to write my own loses :)

I've lost 50€ on Titan, before i've found PS. But then got my starting capital at Full Tilt, managed to withdraw 76$ and added 40€ (55$) and deposited on Party. Released my 134$ bonus, hit a 140$ on lottery, came to 500$ BR on Party but then i had a huge downswing landing me on 240$. Recently i've got back to 400$, but right now i am at -12BI.
      I guess discpiline isn't my middle name :D
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Very first deposit on PP $25. Worked it up to $37 and took 4 months off vacation. When I came back, I was down to about $9.
      Turns out there is an inactive account fee..:D I lost this steadily over a couple sessions. Since then I freerolled and played bonuses and I managed to bring it up to $50. I was down to about $20 and back 2 times,most recently a week ago:) Now im up to $100 thanks to some upswing and free money:D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I think I have deposited $30 3 times on stars and lost it twice.
      atm i'm probaly break even for stars but i was a horrible player back then.
      slowly grinding into the green.
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I have twice managed to lose about the half of my $2k - $3k roll... Maybe I should multitable less... ;)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      2 weeks ago i had $700
      then i played for 9 hours straight and lost about $300.
      Then the next day i grinded for 5 hours and lost another 200 which leaves me with $200.
      Then the next few days i just kept losing until i hit $120.
      Now i have recovered some. Slowly climbing my way back to $300 with some rapid grinding.

could have easily saved myself $200 if i had moved down a limit during the downswing
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      when i 1st started poker i deposited $75 on ftp. i never read any books or articles, only watched wsop on youtube. i got down to $9 n worked it back up from there. ive never had to redeposit since =) .
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      I have lost my bankroll several times.

Once i made 900 in one week and lost it in 1 day.

Another time i made 600 in a week and lost it in like 2 hours.

And a year ago with the ps 50 i made up to 1000, then went crazy on 2/4 and lost 800, only to win back 450 and finally withdraw b4 losing it all for 600.

Several times i have taken a 5ver up to 120-200 and then blown it :)

Now i am starting again from a freeroll win of 15 at fulltilt poker.

Wish me luck.