[NL20-NL50] 55 Nl25 SH, set

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Would check-call be an option?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($25)
      SB ($44.91)
      CO ($24.75)
      Button ($25)
      Hero (MP) ($25.47)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5:heart: , 5:club:
      Hero raises $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 9:spade: , J:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.35) 10:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, CO raises $16.75, Hero folds

Total pot: $12.85
  • 6 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      No I don't think so.

Two draws have hit. If you check/call you don't know where you stand. River will be very difficult since he can get max value from you, unless you hit full house. If you bet river he could raise you there.
      I would use the same line.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      No I don't think so.

Two draws have hit. If you check/call you don't know where you stand. River will be very difficult since he can get max value from you, unless you hit full house. If you bet river he could raise you there.
      I don't need to know where I stand usually in such situations and generally in poker :) because it's game of math, sometimes of course it's good to. He won't call with many worse hand, even AJ wouldn't imo.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      No I don't think so.

I don't need to know where I stand usually in such situations and generally in poker :) because it's game of math, sometimes of course it's good to. He won't call with many worse hand, even AJ wouldn't imo.
      Uhm... your out of position. If you check/call you would not know if he has flush or Jx.

So lets say you c/c turn. Whats your river line?
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      No I don't think so.

Uhm... your out of position. If you check/call you would not know if he has flush or Jx.

So lets say you c/c turn. Whats your river line?
      Check/fold big river bet UI, but he might be bluffing after I took this lane, this is the problem, however he won't bet made hands other than flush prolly, he can be bluffing with busto street draws or low pairs if he floated.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Folding is correct if you bet the turn and get raised like this for sure.

Given that you both have 90BB behind, if you suspect he may pull this move, either with the made hand or as a bluff, checking here is not so bad. Your set is well disguised. You have ten outs, and reasonable prospects of stacking him if one comes in, so on odds and outs alone, a check call on the turn can be ok. If he is aggressive, and you think he can pull this as a bluff, c/r the turn can be good, but you have to know his tendencies well.

His overbet is fishy, but that is hard to read. A lot of overbets lately for me have been the nutz pretending to be a bluff.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo once you bet you should likely shove, since he could also do that with two pair, pair+ draw and so on.
      If you don´t want to play stacsk then I would rather take c/c line on the turn and c/c a lot of rivers.