This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello my friends!! where i cant find badugi material?

• 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      There is not much Badugi material, but you can check the article An Introduction to FL Badugi. Also, there are some videos for gold+ members.

Further I have moved your thread to the 'other poker variants' section and I recommend checking this section as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi kingambito,
      Here is a badugi drawing odds chart:
        Outs    1 Draw    2 Draws    3 Draws  
           1        2%         4%         6%  
           2        4%         8%        12%  
           3        6%        12%        18%  
           4        8%        16%        23%  
           5       10%        20%        29%  
           6       13%        24%        34%  
           7       15%        27%        38%  
           8       17%        31%        43%  
           9       19%        34%        47%  
          10       21%        38%        51%  

I also linked to a couple of articles in response to your post in my blog.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • kingambito
      kingambito
      Bronze
      TY! partnerts
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hey kingambito,

in addition to the chart Vorpal just posted, there is a useful rule of thumb to calculate your odds on the fly. Keep in mind that in both cases, this is about the odds of improving a three card hand to a Badugi:

'number of outs * number of remaining draws * 2'

Calculating the number of your outs is simple. Just take the highest card of the Badugi you need at face value (Jacks count as 11, Queens as 12, Kings as 13) and subtract 3 (since you need to avoid pairing up with your other three cards). So if you need an 8-high Badugi to win, you'd have 5 outs. If any Badugi will do, you'll have 10 outs.

The table Vorpal posted is more accurate, but you can get a quick idea about your odds in the middle of a game with this formula. You can compare the calculations yourself, the only time when there are big discrepancies is in the case of 10 outs and 3 draws. It is useful to remember that a K-high Badugi vs any three card hand is more or less a coinflip before the first draw.

It is true that there is not a lot of material on Badugi out there, but this can also be an advantage, since this means that there is almost no common strategy advice available to the general player pool, resulting in bigger edges. Personally, I have had great success in MTTs so far, just by reading the Pokerstrategy article and knowing about drawing odds.
    • kingambito
      kingambito
      Bronze
      TY! for the responses!! and keep grinding!
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Gold
      Barry Greenstein wrote a book on Badugi too.