This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK preflop play NL25

• ShipItHere
      ShipItHere
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I have a general question playing KKs (so much was talked about it but would love your opinions)
      The other day I was playing NL25 seating on a deep stack of 75$ (300BBs).
      I was dealt KK and the BB who was very tight 3bet me, I 4 bet and he shoved.
      I knew right on the spot that I am facing AAs.
      At that situation I invested about 30BBs and I was asking myself if to call that shove for another 270BBs.

I was sure sure that he had AAs as he was very very tight for many hands.

What would be your line here ? Is this foldable ? if he would have just called my 4bet, would you not shove after the flop anyway ?

I had a very bad feeling after that hand (took me 2 hrs to get those 300BBs) and with a stupid KKs you lose all knowing that you are a very big underdog fishing for the set..

Would love to here your opinions here though I know there is no magic solution..

Thnx,
      -Ship
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I think you have answered you own question here. In this case, you were certain to a high degree that you were facing AA. In that case, where you really trust your read, KK for 270BB is a huge risk.

Sometimes it is better to trust your instinct and save yourself some grief.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      on NL25 people 4bet with AA/KK
      on NL50 people 4bet with AK/QQ/JJ
      on NL100 people 4bet bluff

but its still very opponent depending, just one word.. STATS, STATS, STATS
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      on NL25 people 4bet with AA/KK
      And shove 270BB after a 4-bet from opponent is AA 99% of cases and KK that 1% so I would fold there all day.He has to be a total maniak to shvove there QQ AK and make a call profitable.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Being that deep you can fold there.