Hero bets $4.63, CO raises to $9.26, Hero folds,

CO wins $14.98

CO 79/8/31% fold to c-bet/2.4AF/43wts over 67 hands

is it worth c-betting at all?
  • 7 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Given that he is poster OOP, he is new to the table this hand. Did you have access to these stats during the hand?

Calling station, aggressive, can have anything, can have nothing. Definitely Cbet, and maybe make a 3bet on him on the flop if you have any kind of history with him, to see what he does.

If this is the first hand you can remember with him, probably just fold. Too often he will have a J or T, and will never fold. Most often he will defend his hits like this.

You do have backdoor outs and overcards, so if you think your overcard outs could be good, a call for 1:3 may be ok. If a FD is part of his range, you can discount them though, and he may already have 2 pair as well, in which case you are cooked. With Vpip of 79%, every draw and every made hand is part of his range.

So, after that ramble, I've talked myself into check/fold the flop against this guy.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I prefer bet/fold on flop but ye as aciddrop already mentioned that check/fold option would be good idea also.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I would prefer bet/fold myself simply because his range is probably 100% minus the top part of it as he's defending his post so we can get alot of hands to fold.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      I would prefer bet/fold myself simply because his range is probably 100% minus the top part of it as he's defending his post so we can get alot of hands to fold.
      the bad think about bet/fold is that we have 4 str8 outs+6TPTK outs
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I don't think there is an alternative since we are oop.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      JUDGE!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      b/f flop as a standard in this spot. If he raises the cbet all the time I am actually either calling his minraise/shove over the top ( can he fold anything?) or play c/c on the flop. How much is he betting if you check? Is he always betting?

Many informations are missing here to find the best line. b/f as a standard though.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar