Day 1; Frustrating Session

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      After one session using SSS, I'm down about $4? overall. Very frustrating evening, trying to get used to the software at Titan, and this being a new system for me, one which I wish to follow religiously, still working on the finer points of the formula.

Multi tabled for awhile because it was sooooooo slow. First hour of play I never played a single hand, even from the big blind. When I did, it seemed that I would either miss the flop entirely, or get up against a bigger monster hand. Played for about 2 1/2 hrs in total, overall down trend.

Its just variance. That's all. Variance. The 8 letter 4 letter word. Keep telling yourself that.

Must say the system is very easy, but more difficult to adhere to with the range. Its amazing how many hands one gets that do not fall in that range.

Just a vent...need to do that once in awhile. I'm still hanging in there though, this is an experiment I mean to see through.
  • 4 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      Its just variance. That's all. Variance. The 8 letter 4 letter word.
      .[/quote]This I like......... :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey STR82ACE,

Also try installing the Elephant on the side (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/) (unless you have some other type of tracker) so that you can keep track of the hands with which you are losing and winning. This way there is never a losing session - since you are at least always able to learn from your mistakes.

Variance is a huge part in poker, right next to continuously learning :) Put your early focus on improvement and not on the results at the tables and you will see the results improving :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Question about Elephant...

Can it capture multi tables?
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      Originally posted by STR82ACE
      Question about Elephant...

Can it capture multi tables?
      It worked fine for me multi-tabling on Mansion (six tables) althoug the HUD was a little small on the mini tables that will be more down to my monitor than anything else.

D4_
      Good sessions 2U!