SB bets $12.50, Hero folds,

SB wins $24.23

float IP

22/19/5.8 3bet/4.3AF/20wts
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Looks like a good TAG. Won't 3bet light generally from SB, so you are behind.

A call may be ok for the implieds against him when you flop the monster, but on this flop, just fold.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Looks like a good TAG. Won't 3bet light generally from SB, so you are behind.

A call may be ok for the implieds against him when you flop the monster, but on this flop, just fold.
      you're funny sometimes, you tell about 37/24/2% 3bet guy that he's a real LAG and about guy with TAG stats who bets 1/2 on the flop and 1/2 on the turn that he's a good TAG :P but I appreciate that you judge my hands, honestly

so what about the AQ in this situation? 4bet?
      I have leaks about AQ when someone 3bets me, how should I play it
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Glad that I can give you a laugh with my opinion. BTW, I am not a hand judge, just a contributor. :)

Against this guy, if you 4bet, you will have to fold to a shove I think. He will certainly give you the clarification preflop. So it depends whether you think betting $20 and then folding is ok or not.

Add to that, he could smooth call with AA, and you are worse off, having to play postflop.

So, I would still call preflop here, but fold postflop.

Every player is different. I played an AQ hand against a loose player earlier today, and 3bet him. I shoved over his 4bet, because against him I thought it would be +ev. But generally it isn't a good idea.