This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 12

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.84)
      BB ($71.61)
      UTG ($80.90)
      Hero ($58.74)
      BTN ($48.75)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, SB raises to $6, fold, Hero calls $4,

FLOP ($12.50) 2:club: 4:heart: T:heart:

SB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50,

TURN ($25.50) 2:club: 4:heart: T:heart: 8:club:

SB bets $12.50, Hero folds,

SB wins $24.23

float IP

22/19/5.8 3bet/4.3AF/20wts
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Looks like a good TAG. Won't 3bet light generally from SB, so you are behind.

A call may be ok for the implieds against him when you flop the monster, but on this flop, just fold.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Looks like a good TAG. Won't 3bet light generally from SB, so you are behind.

A call may be ok for the implieds against him when you flop the monster, but on this flop, just fold.
      you're funny sometimes, you tell about 37/24/2% 3bet guy that he's a real LAG and about guy with TAG stats who bets 1/2 on the flop and 1/2 on the turn that he's a good TAG :P but I appreciate that you judge my hands, honestly

so what about the AQ in this situation? 4bet?
      I have leaks about AQ when someone 3bets me, how should I play it
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Glad that I can give you a laugh with my opinion. BTW, I am not a hand judge, just a contributor. :)

Against this guy, if you 4bet, you will have to fold to a shove I think. He will certainly give you the clarification preflop. So it depends whether you think betting $20 and then folding is ok or not.

Add to that, he could smooth call with AA, and you are worse off, having to play postflop.

So, I would still call preflop here, but fold postflop.

Every player is different. I played an AQ hand against a loose player earlier today, and 3bet him. I shoved over his 4bet, because against him I thought it would be +ev. But generally it isn't a good idea.