This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 13

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($55.99)
      BB ($52.50)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($53.50)
      CO ($65.84)
      Hero ($53.81)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $6, fold, Hero calls $4,

FLOP ($12.50) 8:spade: A:spade: 8:heart:

SB bets $7, Hero calls $7,

TURN ($26.50) 8:spade: A:spade: 8:heart: 9:spade:

SB bets $15, Hero folds,

SB wins $25.18

22/13/6.5 3bet/62 fold to c-bet/2AF/26wts

note: limp/raised from UTG
  • 8 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Limp/raise from UTG is usually a trap by a bad player, but will be AA or KK a lot. Let it go.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Limp/raise from UTG is usually a trap by a bad player, but will be AA or KK a lot. Let it go.
      the note means that he's "trapper", in this situation he did not c/r from UTG as you can see
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, my misread. Sorry about that.

Another AQ hand? Well, you've called the 3bet and hit top pair. Against AA or AK you're screwed, 88 isn't too likely, so I think you have to raise this on the flop. And probably be prepared to go broke, as I can't see much reason to call with AQo otherwise.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      question to judger: playing AQ/JJ pf.

as I learned that shoving AK/QQ pf. is profitable like in 95/100 (dead money+FE) I want to know how to play AQ and JJ preflop, its kinda more marginal, but still those hands are very strong.

I think about something like 4bet/fold to shove witj AQ/JJ, I think I cant profitably 4bet/call with those hands
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I don't like the idea of always 4betting folding those hands, becasue when you 4bet you invest too much of your stack and you don't get so much back.

A 3bet will usually be $6 - $8. Let's say you 4bet to $16. You're investing $16 to make $8 ($2 from your raise and $6 from the opp's 3bet).

He has to fold 66% of his 3betting range for you to break even.
      Let's say he'll shove QQ+, AK. His 3betting range has to be at least 7,5% for your move to be profitable.

I think that doing this ALWAYS is not good, as your opponents will adjust to you. But you can do it from time to time to mix up your game.
      It's a good move against light 3-betters.

About the hand, I wouldn't be too afraid of going broke here. But I would just call flop and go broke on the turn to get more money from worse A's.
      I don't think folding turn is too wrong though.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      If you call pre-flop you have to be willing to stack off here when you hit top pair, sometimes i just call flop and sometimes i click it back just to get him to spazz out.

I think 4 bet folding JJ and to a lesser extent AQ are mistakes. Only 4 bet those hands if you want to get them in, if you don't then just call particuarly when you are in position. If you want to 4 bet fold do it with preferabbly raggy aces that have card removal, and other junk.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      JUDGE!

raise flop? which worse hand can call me?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Do you raise those flops with more then top pair? If so, raise here as well. If not, just call but shove over his turnbet. I am not folding here.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar