[NL20-NL50] KQ small bet on the river

• bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      I just copied the hand from Elephant...i not it is not the best way but have no other options.

Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      53 - 0 13
      SB: $22,15
      2,0 - 0 15

22 100 26 14
      BB: $51,25
      1,3 55 35 161

22 - 13 4
      MP3: $41,60
      7,0 0 18 76

Hero: $63,15

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K d, Q h (Comment)
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2,25, SB calls $2,00, BB calls $1,75, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($7,25) K h, 2 h, 2 c (3 players) (Comment)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($7,25) 9 c (3 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $5,00, BB calls $5,00, Hero raises to $12,00, SB folds, BB calls $7,00.

River: ($36,25) 3 c (2 players) (Comment)
      BB bets $9,50, Hero calls $9,50.

Final Pot: $55,25

I checked behind the flop cause it looked like pretty safe flop except the flush draw. IMO i had to raise more on the turn...but his river bet seemed to be a lot like value bet. I had a hard decision but with so good pot odds i opted to call. I didn't put him on AK or trips 2 since i raised and he either would fold or re-raise with AK.(Comment)
  • 2 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hi Bah.

You can use one of the buttons in Elephant, and that copies the hand history to your clipboard in the forum format, and then you can paste that into the thread, and it will be formatted correctly.

I am never checking behind this flop. You have TP, decent kicker, IP on the ideal board for a cbet. You want to build a pot here, for value, and to defend against the only draw there is, the FD. With two opponents, I will expect one at least to come along, and I will expect to have the best hand under these circumstances.

I agree, raise the turn a lot more. $25 would be my choice, making the mistake an expensive one for any drawers. There is a second FD now.

BB got 1:4 to call the turn with his two clubs, if that's what he had, and his river donk makes that look very likely.
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Hi Bah.

You can use one of the buttons in Elephant, and that copies the hand history to your clipboard in the forum format, and then you can paste that into the thread, and it will be formatted correctly.

I am never checking behind this flop. You have TP, decent kicker, IP on the ideal board for a cbet. You want to build a pot here, for value, and to defend against the only draw there is, the FD. With two opponents, I will expect one at least to come along, and I will expect to have the best hand under these circumstances.

I agree, raise the turn a lot more. $25 would be my choice, making the mistake an expensive one for any drawers. There is a second FD now.

BB got 1:4 to call the turn with his two clubs, if that's what he had, and his river donk makes that look very likely.
      Thank you for the reply, aciddrop!
      Usually I don't check behind on this flop but this time i wanted to differ from my regular play. I was thinking to re-raise 20 there...but for some reason i didn't...it really hurt when he showed club flush. Good read! :)