20k Challenge - NL Cash Blog [NL10]

• OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Hello everyone.
      I'm Bruno, 33 years old and I'm from Portugal,and from the Portuguese Comunity here in Strategy!

I met poker in the middle of 2008/9, and at the time I signed up here at Strategy, where I took the first steps in this world.
      I started in FR, I moved to 6-max, I played MTT's and SNG and ended up in OMAHA: f_biggrin:

I say I ended up, because after the revolution that poker took, and the restrictions imposed in Portugal, I was a little absent from this world.
      With the opening of the market in our contry, I decided to put some cash in the room available, and there I was playing MTT's, just for fun.
      I've never had much success in the past, because as I have a full-time job, I've always looked at poker as a hobby, and since I did not have the pressure to get results, if I won it was great, otherwise it was not very important.
      But now I decided to use this to my advantage, the fact that there is no pressure for the results to appear, I want to take an extra income, and who knows,to overcome my monthly salary!
      So I open this blog, not only to show how this fight is going but also to interact with this community that I belong to for many years.I also have a blog in the Portuguese Comunity.
      So,I decided that it would be cash the format chosen, because it is flexible in terms of schedules.

Because my small winings in the MTT´s,i started with a bakroll of 336€.
      But i decided start on NL2,to see how my game was.
      And after 20k of hands i moved up to NL5:

After almost 44k of hands in NL5 i moved up to NL10:

And the graph of NL10,since i started until now:

Now,rules of engagement lol :

Moved up: 50 BI (or less,it depends...)
      Move down: 30 BI left
      Stop Loss: 5 BI (per day)
      Monthly CasOut: Half of the profits

Now,the results so far:

Initial Bakroll: 336
      Total BankRoll: 733 €

And lets keep the fight :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:
  • 14 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hey OnUrB236,

Good job :f_thumbsup: Your graphs look good :)

I will follow your blog :f_drink:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by OnUrB236

Hi OnUrB236,
      Nice results so far!
      I'm interested in your stop-loss. Have you ever had a session where you actually lost 5BI then quit?

The reason I ask is that although I have a stop-loss number of 5 BI, I've never hit it. Any time I lost like 1 or 2 BI, I take a break or a couple of hour, then when I go back, I win it back -- and sometimes more.

Also, it depends for me how I lose the BI -- I have a bad habit of calling river bets (I'm supposed to be bluff-catching).
      If I lose with a reasonable hand against a better one, I have no problem with that, and I have no problem with being sucked out on.

But If I make a stupid bluff and get called, then I'm clearly not in the right mindset so I back down for a bit.

Keep up the fight!
      VS
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by OnUrB236

Hi OnUrB236,
      Nice results so far!
      I'm interested in your stop-loss. Have you ever had a session where you actually lost 5BI then quit?

The reason I ask is that although I have a stop-loss number of 5 BI, I've never hit it. Any time I lost like 1 or 2 BI, I take a break or a couple of hour, then when I go back, I win it back -- and sometimes more.

Also, it depends for me how I lose the BI -- I have a bad habit of calling river bets (I'm supposed to be bluff-catching).
      If I lose with a reasonable hand against a better one, I have no problem with that, and I have no problem with being sucked out on.

But If I make a stupid bluff and get called, then I'm clearly not in the right mindset so I back down for a bit.

Keep up the fight!
      VS
      Thank you!:f_drink:
      Unfortunately yes...two times i think...:deadhappy:
      Some hands that i played badly,that cost me the entire stack,and a stupid amount of bad beats,coolers,and other crazy plays by fishes... and tilt of course...
      Anyway,i've been improving my mental side,and any bad beat or a wrong move,i breath in,and keep playing,or like u said,i take a 10-20 minutes break.
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      Hey OnUrB236,

Good job :f_thumbsup: Your graphs look good :)

I will follow your blog :f_drink:
      Thank you :f_drink:
      I hope that this keep rising :f_cool:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Weekly update:
      Another full week, and one more positive week !!
      It could have ended better, but Sunday is Donks' international day, so... :f_ugly: :f_ugly:

So,we start another week of fight with :
      BankRoll : 799€
      :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • la55i
      la55i
      Looks very nice! Keep up the good work :f_thumbsup:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      This week i ended up negative...
      Low volume,because of some family isues...3 days i didn't play a single hand!
      And I let myself be affected psychologically by some bad hands: yes i tilt again :sorry:

Lets start another week,and see how i fininsh this month :f_thumbsup:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Well, a week of ups and downs, but I managed to end positive: f_biggrin:
      These last few weeks have been crazy, more and more I have notion that a poker player has to have a very great mental strength !!
      By much theory that is dictated we are always affected by one hand or another that later unleashes a snowball. Maybe it is my character, becausei am VERY perfectionist. Everything I do has to be perfect, no matter what, I have to be always better than the others. Any activity that I do, for me is a competition, with myself and against those who are next.
      On the one hand is good, because it makes me work, want to learn and fight to improve, but the bad side is when things do not go as expected, it affects me a bit ...
      So let's strengthen our mind and have the force of a JEDI :sfishy:

We end last week:

More 2 days to end the month :pcuser:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      And we end the month like this:

The trend of the last 2 weeks has remained, like a roller coaster, some spots that I have to correct, but what matters is to be positive.
      The next month I'll be on vacation, and I'll take a week to the Brasil to catch a sun: f_cool:
      But as it will only be a week, the rest of the days I will be able to compensate, and play at least 7 hours a day.
      The main objective will be to move up to nl20, but I promise nothing :f_ugly:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Well, I decided to change the title of the blog, because the objecticve will be reach the 20k of profit.
      I will count all the profit I have made since I started this walk, including the cashout I make.
      So we are like this:

Initial Bankroll: 336€
      Actual Bankroll: 697€
      Cashouts: 283€
      Total Profit: 644€

I will do the uptade in the end of each month.Now,let's grind :f_thumbsup:
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Another week of ups and donws...

More study,more focus...Lets raise this line!!
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

I have not updated my blog for some time. unfortunately for sad reasons: my mother died, had cancer.

Regarding poker, during these two weeks I played very little, but since I'm going to be on holiday for another week, I'll set the goal really high and play between 6-8 hours a day, and see if I finish the month with the line well up.
      Since my last update:
    • la55i
      la55i
      Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear that :f_cry:

I wish you the best of luck in your challenges, both in life and with poker.
    • OnUrB236
      OnUrB236
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear that :f_cry:

I wish you the best of luck in your challenges, both in life and with poker.
      Thank you very much!