[NL10] KTs against agression

• Titan8
      Titan8
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $12.75 (127.5 bb)
      BB: $15.35 (153.5 bb)
      UTG: $16.76 (167.6 bb)
      MP: $10.29 (102.9 bb)
      CO: $20.81 (208.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $12 (120 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Kd: :Td:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) :6c: :2c: :Kc: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.29, BB raises to $0.58, Hero calls $0.29

Turn: ($1.61) :7h: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.77, Hero calls $0.77

River: ($3.15) :9s: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.51, Hero ???

Hi, I stand here against minraise on flop on mono board and i am not sure about right play. It seems like clear fold OTR for me. Question is - What worst hand are you calling on the turn/river?
  • 7 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      That turn is very close if you can call it or not. I might lean a bit towards folding.
      If we start thinking what would be "optimal" here, I believe you should defend some top pairs. Would have to use a solver to figure out exactly which would be good enough, but I would guess all AK and KQs is probably enough combos?
    • AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      This line for me screams get out on the Turn. I think your OK calling his raise on the Flop, but then when he leads out on the turn he is really representing his flush well. He is betting OOP after he raised you and he saw you called. He is not afraid of you calling this bet, and the likely hood he is doing this with a worse King than yours doesnt seem likely unless he is an aggro whale. On the River I cant think he will be going this far and being this aggressive OOP again with worse than what you have, so unfortunately this is a fold.

Would love to know what was your thought process as this hand developed. Your hand could only improve with 5 outs. At this point you have about 20% equity to call vs the aggressor, with pot odds of 24.4%. So lets say even he has a set of 6 or 2 (he raised the flop so its possible), unless you hit one of 2 kings, your not going to win. If you hit your 10 your still behind. My guess is you are playing vs a fish because he has telegraphed his hand strength for you and you cant continue on the turn.
    • Titan8
      Titan8
      Gold
      Thanks for feedback,
      I have sometimes "i cant fold it" thought in my mind when i play spots like this. So I am not sure always. What do you do with hand like K7 OTR? You call it or you percieve him only as flush?
    • AnXfile378
      AnXfile378
      Bronze
      In a vacuum it's really hard to say without knowing the player type.

If he is a reg I don't think you can.. if he is a fish then you can contemplate it because a fish will do something crazy like raise two pair (K2, K6) on the flop.

Let's look at preflop

A tag probably isn't flatting K6s or K2s

A LAG might but probably isn't because although he is loose he is still smart

A Fishy player absolutely will call with these hands preflop

I think on the Turn a Tag and Lag don't fear a 7 from you because they won't have K7 in your open raising range nor would they put you on 77 in your flop calling range to his raise. Your not calling 77 on this board.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      check flop. call turn decide river
    • Bakerrr
      Bakerrr
      Silver
      Originally posted by AnXfile378
      In a vacuum it's really hard to say without knowing the player type.

If he is a reg I don't think you can.. if he is a fish then you can contemplate it because a fish will do something crazy like raise two pair (K2, K6) on the flop.

Let's look at preflop

A tag probably isn't flatting K6s or K2s

A LAG might but probably isn't because although he is loose he is still smart

A Fishy player absolutely will call with these hands preflop

I think on the Turn a Tag and Lag don't fear a 7 from you because they won't have K7 in your open raising range nor would they put you on 77 in your flop calling range to his raise. Your not calling 77 on this board.
      Does a 10NL reg click back a cbet on a monotone flop?

Then just half-potting the turn and river, just bizarre, no idea what he's representing. Suppose the only logical thing to do is to think about our own defense frequencies and what would strong hands would we play this way? What else are you 66%-potting on flop? What else are you just flatting the clickback with? Would you raise your flushes on flop or turn? What about sets?

Doubt there's much sense to be made of this spot but it's worth thinking about broadly. I don't bet big on any monotone flops anyway regardless of my holding but as played I probably mash the call button and throw my tea cup across the room when he has :Kh: :Js: or :Kh: :9d: and snap the keyboard when he has :9d: :7c:

Originally posted by AlvisR
      check flop. call turn decide river
      Never thought of checking my top pairs on monotone flops with no suit, what's the rationale?
    • devilchn
      devilchn
      Bronze
      I think check flop is not a bad idea. Because we have difficulty to call down if we get raised, we are opening ourselves up to getting bluffed. Also, we have to do a lot of checking on this very polarizing board. I think a rather week top pair is a good choice since we get a good hand in our x back range that can call most t+r bets on non-club runouts.
      On the other hand, if we had K*Xc we have a better hand to bet/calldown with.

Anyway, as played we can fold here. This is one of the worst hands to get here. I don't think we open many worse offsuit K from the button and a lot of our worse KXs are twopair otr. We also have no club. If we were drawing with the Ac we can also bluffjam here sometimes which means we sure do not overfold if we toss KT in the muck.