K752 bvb

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $122.05 (122.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $100 (100 bb)
      MP: $218.96 (219 bb)
      CO: $117.51 (117.5 bb)
      BTN: $154.58 (154.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :5c: :2d: :Kd: :7h:
      3 folds, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6) :6h: :Th: :4d: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

Turn: ($14) :Ks: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($14) :8s: (2 players)
      SB bets $7, Hero raises to $21, SB calls $14

Villain is recreational. 75 hands. 80/69.
      Do you like a value raise on the river vs this betsize from recreational player, and if so, what size?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I would check the flop, that villain doesn't look like one who check-folds the flop or is easy to barrel on the turn.

River is a tricky one, as I find it hard to see what he can call you with. I don't think you can make assumptions from recreational's betsizing unless you have seen him using different sizings according to his hand strength. Half a pot there can be a bluff, blocker, value or nuts.
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      I would xback too this flop, hand is quite weak but has some potential, not intetested in investing too much money or bluffing big later streets.

I think your river raise is fine. It's indeed quite hard to see much calling, but you have 2nd nuts blocking nuts. And after all villain is rec playing way too wide ranges, so he can call with some relatively weak holdings thinking youre bluffing with missed draw.

And mostly I think such weak blockers by recs are hands, that want to see cheap river. Some just fold against big raises, some just call anyway 2prs here. Some recs trap with small sizings, but I'd think it's quite likely he would bet nuts either bigger or then smaller for a inducer.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      I like the flop bet. And turn check. I think I go a little larger on the river, though.