[NL5] BTN vs BB

• oviovi86
      oviovi86
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4.95 (99 bb)
      BB: $7.28 (145.6 bb)
      UTG: $6.37 (127.4 bb)
      MP: $3.48 (69.6 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $8.37 (167.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Qs: :Qh:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) :Jc: :9d: :4s: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31

Turn: ($0.94) :7c: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($2.74) :2c: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.63, Hero calls $2.63

Results:
      $8.00 pot ($0.33 rake)
      Final Board: :Jc: :9d: :4s: :7c: :2c:
      BB showed :4d: :4h: and won $7.67 ($3.68 net)
      Hero mucked :Qs: :Qh: and lost (-$3.99 net)
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s always good to know your own thinking process during the hand.
      I think it’s suspicious he is betting pot size on every street and we can only a beat a Jx hand I think and he could have sets as well and I would most likely fold at least the river or you have good reads on him.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • insomnia666
      insomnia666
      Gold
      OTT is fold already. This 7 is very bad for us.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I would say donk&3barrel is very strong. Without info that villain can do this with top pair or weaker, I would fold at least OTR.
    • NatKingCole
      NatKingCole
      Bronze
      Could u explain this?

Originally posted by insomnia666
      OTT is fold already. This 7 is very bad for us.
    • insomnia666
      insomnia666
      Gold
      I will try, but I am drunk already.
      When he bets, like that, he have J9+, bluffs ofc and T8s and T8o also sometime. Also AJo. We cant fold obv OTF. But OTT there isn't so many bluffs. He will give up with some hands. Already we are not so happy to call pot bet. And T8 is already the nuts. We need this 4 + combos to justify our call. The call without this T8 is already borderline or with very little profit. But this 4 or more combos actually are a big deal, cuz this will happens very rare. Not so many combos in his range.
      He will have auto-profit, but I don't care. I will call some hands with blockers and chance to improve. And AA ofc.
    • Bakerrr
      Bakerrr
      Bronze
      Urgh, brutal. So tilting it makes me want to construct donk-donk-donk spots myself.

This is a nasty spot because I always level myself into thinking this is just a whale donking off with any two because you do see it very infrequently and they show like A5o... it's also just JT/J8 a lot at this stake, or busted draws, they donk bet straight draws a bunch... reckon I've called this type of spot down hundreds of times and lost to two pair and straights.

If we can spot and think about the relationship of our hand to the board though this premium hand is an awful bluffcatcher on this runout, block hands that we beat that he may treat as value hands (QJs/QJo).

Rougher than it looks though because the club draw seems very unlikely given it's a backdoor and he already potted the flop, you'd expect JJ and 99 to get 3bet pre by at least most of the population, can see how you may deduce that there's lots of busted draws and KJ/JT/J8 he may misplay if it's a beginner player.

Ultimately it's probably the same old lesson, if you blindly fold to third barrels with everything but the nuts at micros even then you're not gonna get exploited, we justify because those A5o make a lasting impression but on balance they just always have it.. need to write that on the wall behind my monitor. :f_rolleyes: