AKTJss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $154.40 (154.4 bb)
      BB: $345.73 (345.7 bb)
      MP: $84.12 (84.1 bb)
      CO: $33.50 (33.5 bb)
      BTN: $66.50 (66.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Ac: :Js: :Th: :Ks:
      MP raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11.50, BB folds, MP calls $8

Flop: ($24) :6h: :Ts: :5d: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($24) :5h: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.52, MP raises to $26.44, Hero calls $18.92

River: ($76.88) :3s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $46.18 and is all-in, Hero calls $46.18

Villain is an aggressive reg. 38/39. 3b 8.9%. Seems especially aggressive in 3b pots.
      My 3b from SB 7.4%

1. Do you like putting this in the x/c category as oop 3bettor otf? I don't think we can cbet/ fold this hand.
      2. Do you like going for some thin protection ott and if so, what size?
      3. How do you react when raised on this turn?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      To me this looks like a decent candidate to either x/c or do what you did OTT. Not really planning on folding given the action. Maaaaybe, i'd find a fold if he 3/4 turn and jams river when I x/c...
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I would start by checking, and if he bets I would shove. SPR 3, oop and half of the turns are bad ones.
      As he checks behind, I would definitely bet the turn. Why did you choose that sizing? If it was rainbow, that would be fine but now it opened a flush draw so I would be a little bigger. As you bet so small, he gets really good price for his raise. If you fold half of your range, he makes nice profit.

Once you call the turn, your range is quite capped (besides some TT which is really narrow part of your range). Your 3bet from SB doesn't hit this board almost at all, so if opponent has T in his hand he can't quite happily shove any non-heart smallish river card.

If you call the turn, then you should call the river too. Otherwise you are burning money against an aggro reg.
    • TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      i dont think this F is getting stabbed at from a standard MP too wide, and also not by a plr who u described (edited, but i rly do think so) imo u have a hand whcih u might use to barell thru on many runouts starting from small sizing OTF

dont see that much gain from x.

vs active BU yea, why not x, even x/ship, but here, i dont see it, u re getting called OTF a lot of the times and w a small bet can decide on diff runouts whether u want to barell thru as a bluff or x/ship some favorable T good for his range also.