AJJ9ss

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $105.06 (105.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $100 (100 bb)
      UTG: $172.54 (172.5 bb)
      MP: $134.77 (134.8 bb)
      CO: $318.62 (318.6 bb)
      BTN: $46.70 (46.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Jd: :Jh: :9d: :Ac:
      4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($2) :Qd: :8c: :2d: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.67, Hero calls $1.67

Turn: ($5.34) :4d: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $13, Hero calls $9

River: ($31.34) :Tc: (2 players)
      SB bets $26, Hero calls $26

Villain is a reg. Somewhat aggro - probably not one of the best. 600 hands. Ag 3.0 Cbet 51%
      SB steal 19% BU 46%

1. Iso pre? or x/b to play against whole limping range?
      2. Do you bet turn w/c/t or x/b to pot control? What if we turn the 2nd nutflush - any difference? If betting, could we perhaps bet less or does that make it harder for us to bluff?
      3. Facing the x/r I think we have to call vs most regs w/o reads. I'm unsure about the river, however.

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      I'd raise this 100% unless his limping range is very tight. I think on turn you can mix it up between betting and checking. Mostly betting I suppose. I have no clue about the river though. I used to fold here but not sure I fold anymore though...
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      1.Yeah, not superstrong holding but good enough for a raise IP HU.

2. I like Shevs aproach, mix it checking betting more betting. I'd bet maybe little smaller but no biggie.

3. Why would we fold if we call the turn raise, nothing changed and we are not able to improve anyway OTR. I'd call if calling turn when he polarized his range to nuts or blocker.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by SeagalSteven
      1.Yeah, not superstrong holding but good enough for a raise IP HU.

2. I like Shevs aproach, mix it checking betting more betting. I'd bet maybe little smaller but no biggie.

3. Why would we fold if we call the turn raise, nothing changed and we are not able to improve anyway OTR. I'd call if calling turn when he polarized his range to nuts or blocker.
      I don't think this follows that we are required to call river if calling turn. That assumes that villain follows through with all his turn blocker x/r on the river. But when he makes that turn bluff he doesn't know that we have a flush. Otr, he knows we have a flush or other strong bluffcatcher. It doesn't make sense to bluff river if he thinks we are calling 100%.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Turn is interesting spot for your overall strategy. Do you stab often when opponent checks there? That is leveling territory.
      - Why is opponent checking as that is a good card to barrel if he doesn't have the flush?
      - Does opponent know that you stab there often, and he c-raises with nuts to get more value?

The key is how you play these spots in general vs. that guy. 600 hands with reg is enough for him to spot if you like to stab vs. check there. If answer is yes, is your betting range balanced at all?

J-high flush would be in my checking range as it's hard to get value (unless you know opponents attacks your stabs with blockers and more). And opponent might still just check-call with higher flushes (especially Q-high). If opponent calls your turn bet, can you valuebet that flush on the river? As we are most likely looking to get max 1 street of value, I would check turn and then bet river if opponent checks. Or call river if opponent bets.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yes your strategy with J high flush makes sense; but forces us to almost never stab this turn w/c/t, because if we're not betting J high flush we can't bet many bluffs either - am I right?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Depends on how much you want to bluff here and how balanced you want to be. And how wide opponent is continuing there. As a standard I would valuebet Kdd+, and then bluff with Ad blocker and some weakest hands from our range. Somewhat hard to figure out the exact frequencies as I don't know hero's preflop strategy vs. SB limp. But if hero's range is 100%!FI20, then he has Kdd+ on the turn 6,5% of times and Ad blocker 2,5% of times. And smaller flush 30% of times.

That would mean hero bets turn 13% of times (if he has 1:1 ratio) which seems a bit low. But then on the other hand it is kinda spot where hero is either a lot ahead or a mile behind and doesn't often get 2 streets of value. Would be interesting to see what Solver says about these kind of spots for both players on the turn. If I just knew how to use one... :)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ha! Didn't even know about PLO solvers :f_rolleyes: But I agree, anyway that we have plenty of hands that will have good s/d/v vs villain's x'ing range on the turn which it nevertheless makes no sense to bet ott. So maybe not betting this turn much makes sense.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I tried to play with Monker Solver trial (free for turn and river) but I am a complete n00b with solvers this might be totally wrong.

What I got is that SB actually has nut flushes in his range as he should check Add about 2/3 of times and bet 1/3 of times. Once he checks, hero should bet 40% of times with Jdd.

So our conclusion that it's close was pretty good one. ;)