AJJTss BU vs reg CO

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $93.61 (93.6 bb)
      BB: $54.66 (54.7 bb)
      UTG: $340.96 (341 bb)
      MP: $77.80 (77.8 bb)
      CO: $105.05 (105.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $110.83 (110.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Jh: :Ah: :Js: :Tc:
      2 folds, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $12, 2 folds, CO calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) :Ks: :3c: :Jc: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $17, CO calls $17

Turn: ($59.50) :Qd: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($59.50) :4c: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Villain reg. CO steal 33%. 600 hands.
      SB and BB are recreationals.

I guess 3b is standard vs most active CO's. However, perhaps you prefer flatting to keep in the weak blinds?

Flop sizing?
      Is my turn x/b too weak?
      Is there more value to be had in this hand on this runnout?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      I think preflop both options are defendable. Strong hand but plays well mw too with nut potential and recs on blinds.

I would actually just pot flop. You're not bet-folding here much anyway, villain can have many draws and you dont block kings, high clubs. Also bigger bet needed for turn shove.

Turn I dont like checkback. Nice to have nuts but there are still many draws and if board pairs you dont have nuts either. Valuebet here.

River fml. I think xb is ok,shouldve bet turn against smaller straights.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      OMG. I just realised I have the nuts. Completely missed I even had a Ten. FFs. Ignore this hand - disaster area.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I think flop is fine. SPR 3,5 so we can bet-fold some hands although that board hits CO range a lot. But if he continues with any cc, K, J, QT then he misses the board still 35% of times. So it's reasonable to bet-fold some of our air. If we are bet-folding, then I like the sizing. Once we pot, we rarely have any bluffs in our range so opponent doesn't raise with semibluffs.

On the turn hero has the nuts, why give a free card to flush draws? If he continues on the flop with any cc, K, J, QT then he has the same straight without a flush draw around 7% of times (4% with the fd), KK,QQ 18% of times, Kx two pairs 13% of times and cc 30% of times. He doesn't have T9 often, but he has a lot of hands that are not folding to your bet.

You make more money by betting the turn than checking and inducing a river bluff/call.