Difference between NL2 and NL5

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I've been playing NL2, And winning. I recently cleared a bonus and now have a big enough BR for NL5. Is there any problem with jumping up to NL5 if I'm confident. I have a feeling it wouldn't be THAT different from NL2, and if I run bad I won't have any problem dropping down if need be.
  • 4 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Probably there is no difference. You can play imo up to NL50 without changing to much your game (if you play good).
      on NL50 the game change a lot. (and from there on every limit up NL5k)
      If you are a winner I think it is best to play on the highest possible limit that you bankroll allow. If not anything else, you will learn from it and be ready next time.

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I cant garauntee anything i say but i would say its slightly different. The difference being that the people who just wanna donk around and with a VPIP of 90% wont be on NL5 because thats not the lowest limit they can donk around on. But in general i would say that the regs will be pretty much the same and if you are a winning player on NL2 you will be a winning player on NL5.

Good Luck
      Im also doing the same as you btw.
    • toedder
      toedder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      I've been playing NL2, And winning. I recently cleared a bonus and now have a big enough BR for NL5. Is there any problem with jumping up to NL5 if I'm confident. I have a feeling it wouldn't be THAT different from NL2, and if I run bad I won't have any problem dropping down if need be.
      If the bolded part is the case, move up whenever your bankroll permits it. Just make sure to keep working on your game and you'll be fine. Even when you take a shot at a limit that you aren't skilled for - you'll only lose X stacks and then go back, still being nicely rolled for the lower limit. And you will have learned in the process. Don't be afraid to take shots when you have the discipline to go back.

Good luck at the tables!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      There is a difference, but not much. The faster you get to NL5 the better as long as you wont play scared or tilty. GL!