Showing Cards

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      There is an option on PP to uncheck "muck hand" which lets you choose whether or not to show your hand on an individual basis, e.g. if you raise and all players fold.

I think I know the answer to this already, but do people think it's ever a good idea to show one's cards - either to create a loose or tight image?

I suspect you'll say: 'just concentrate on your hand and don't worry about your image', but still interested in people's thoughts.

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Image is very important, but showing you opponents what play you make with what cards out of which position and so on makes you more readable. Your play will give you your image anyway and you can adjust yourself to that, so i don't see a reason to show cards. :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If you show good cards then they fold to your monsters.

If you show bad cards then they will not fold to your bluffs.

Personally I want ppl to call my monsters and fold to my bluffs so I dont show lol
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      For the most part showing is just giving away info to better players. You might push a donkey on tilt if you bluff him out of a pot and show, but its rarely going to be worth it.
    • darkcell
      darkcell
      Bronze
      I just had a run of 5 hands where I hit decent on the flop, bet 5 times, got 5 folds.

Play following these hands seemed to indicate that the table thought I was a maniac.

Might I have been better showing decent hands to preserve a decent/solid table image.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Man it happens now and than and never show cards. I mean yesterday i got at one table 8 games in row decent cards so i played with them and also hit very well at most of them. I take down 5 pots from which 3 were really nice(at least half stack) and no showdown which was strange but fine by me(i bluffed once :D ). I like players that show their cards btw and also you think would you prefer if you see your opponents cards or not? You would so you shouldn't make them happy right?
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Opponents who like to show their cards when they don't have to are adorable.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkcell
      I just had a run of 5 hands where I hit decent on the flop, bet 5 times, got 5 folds.

Play following these hands seemed to indicate that the table thought I was a maniac.

Might I have been better showing decent hands to preserve a decent/solid table image.
      Absolutely not.

A maniac's image when your playing TAG means more payouts.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LMOJ
      Opponents who like to show their cards when they don't have to are adorable.
      +1

I never show my cards voluntarily, you must pay for that privelege........
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I sometimes show monsters in the later stages of Freeroll tourneys so that I can steal blinds. At that point I am way more interested in the blinds(which are huge) than in getting all-in with my monsters(which are very rare anyway).