[NL20-NL50] NL 20 SH Ajo

• Dragar
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:heart:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) 2:club: , Q:club: , A:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.10) A:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($13.10) T:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $13.60 (All-In), Hero calls $13.60.

Final Pot: $40.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Ac Jh)
      CO shows a full-house, queens full of aces (Qd Qs)

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of aces (Qd Qs)

River fold right?
  • 4 replies
    • Talic
      3bet pf.

raise flop

shove turn
    • aciddrop
      I agree, 3bet preflop, and you can fold if he 4bets. If not, you have the postflop initiative then.

Ugly. Looks good, but you have the third best A, and you are drawing very thin if he has AQ, not much better if he has AK.

As played, I may just call the flop, but definitely raise the turn. His A looks much less likely now, so given that you find yourself in this situation, going broke here is probably ok.

River, well, if he has AT, KJ or TT, it makes a difference, but if he does, you should have been all over him earlier. He has consistently bet potsize on each street, so what are you putting him on that you now want to fold?
    • csnmf
      I don't like a 3bet pre flop against a 14/10 i think there is much more value in cold calling, by 3betting we are just folding everything worse and when he calls we are toast against his range, by cold calling we are keeping in the aces and jacks we dominate, in other words i much prefer polarising our 3 bet range not merging it.

post-flop not sure, i usually take passive lines as i don't know what you get value from if you raise the flop, ditto on the turn and on the river i don't know what we are beating anymore unless he is doing this with A9 and worse.
    • caltabiano
      I 3bet flop and fold to further resistance.

This guy has pretty decent WtSD and W$@SD. AND he's not that aggressive. When he bets so much, he's likely ahead.

On the flop we can reraise cheaply to $4. If he 3bets us we can easily give up. If he just calls, he might slow down on the river and we might get to the showdown cheaply. Against him, I'm not happy to play for stacks on this board