[NL5] Tough decision at the river

• Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      PokerStars - £0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 165.4 BB (VPIP: 29.69, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 8.70, Hands: 130)
      MP: 39 BB (VPIP: 60.87, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      CO: 51.8 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 30.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      BTN: 146 BB (VPIP: 39.13, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 23)
      SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 34.32, PFR: 18.34, 3Bet Preflop: 8.70, Hands: 170)
      Hero (BB): 104.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:spade: J:club:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, BTN raises to 4 BB, SB calls 3.6 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB

Flop: (16 BB, 4 players) T:heart: K:club: A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, BTN checks

Turn: (16 BB, 4 players) Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, MP calls 9 BB, BTN calls 9 BB

River: (46 BB, 3 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets 132 BB and is all-in, Hero ???

His line in the previous streets don't give me the idea that he has a full, but... should i call here?
  • 6 replies
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      U r hoping for a split (villain is never bluffing here). It sucks, but it is a fold. Well played.
    • zednik44
      zednik44
      Bronze
      This is a call for me but it is a little awkward. By raising the turn you don't really know where you're at. Still, this could be an overplayed Ace. dors he really check back a set of tens, aces or kings on the flop multi way? Doubtful. Basically you're losing to 3 combos of pocket queens that turned a set, and are more likely drawing to a chop. This really seems like he's trying to push you off a chop. Results?
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      I really wouldn't bother about being pushed out of a chop. There is 46bb in the pot and we have ~91 bbs left. This is how it is ... we are out of position .. what can you do. But you can't risk he played his better hand strange way. Besides, you are blocking two jacks, not only one, so his range is nuts heavy. If he is an idiot and he is doing this with trips .. so be it. I believe you will be loosing money in the long run by calling here OTR.
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      Hello, you should 3b this preflop, too many overcards can come OTF (as it did) and you really don´t wanna play this MW. As played I wouldn´t even raise OTT, because what do we rep? J only, everyone should see it therefore they should fold even TP, maybe they can call some 2 pairs and draw to FH. if they assume they get paid. This is indeed fold OTR, you have 2 JJ, there are only 2 left. BTN has all FH in his range and overbets huge OTR, just fold. Calling for split isn´t good (take it as a rule of thumb :) ). HU you might discuss call OTR, but MW it should be even more clear to fold.
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, right... 3bet pre ofc.
    • Mompacha
      Mompacha
      Silver
      Hey guys i didn't get notified about the answers, sorry.

I'm totally agree with you, i should squeeze PF. I tought that it was the better way of play, but i was wrong.

OTT if this guy donk bet to 1bb in a 16bb pot, i always going to fast play my straight against 4 opponents. If they have nothing they'll fold anyways, and if they have 2 pairs they could easily call in this spot. Most of all if they are fish. :f_drink: