[NL20-NL50] KJ, my line ?

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Well, I didn't see any value hands which raise turn and not bet river then, so I decided to play like this. I saw him floating 1 time before that, that's all notes.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,00
      BB:
      $25,35
      Hero:
      $31,38
      CO:
      $26,07
      BU:
      $27,17

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, CO calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) A:club: , 7:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, CO calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,35) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,50, CO raises to $6,50, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($18,35) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $15,00, Hero raises to $22,38 (All-In), CO folds.

Final Pot: $55,73
  • 6 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I guess he had air no hand would fold the river for an extra $3 or whatever it is. In which case your line was perfect, if he has a J you would be getting it all in on the river anway so i doubt you lose any value by just calling the turn raise for when he does have a real hand.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      On the turn, I'm betting more, like $4. On the river I b/c shove. I don't wanna give him the chance to check behind.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      On the turn, I'm betting more, like $4. On the river I b/c shove. I don't wanna give him the chance to check behind.
      It's standart line which I dislike very much in this case. 1st off he is folding huge part of his range he could float with to my big bet, secondly, I can't won't get value from weak ace on the river anyway by 3rd barreling.

If I check-raise here he also folds everything. But if I take this line it might look as scared ace, he raises me with a strong made hand or a bluff here because board is dry, so on the river if I bet only strong made hands will continue, which would bet by themselves also, however by checking I can get value from bluffs too, do my words make sense ?:-) P.S. He has no made hands which go for pot control on the river here in his range, or very little.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Ok, I agree with you :)
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Why flat turn reraise?

Bet turn 4$, reraise turn to 15$ and get it in asap please. You lose a lot of value here by just calling.

As played: river: c/c problably
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Why flat turn reraise?

Bet turn 4$, reraise turn to 15$ and get it in asap please. You lose a lot of value here by just calling.

As played: river: c/c problably
      CO had 1.5$ left on the river. Turn betting big and raising is loosing a lot of value, vice versa.