[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH JQo

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      [color:red]MP3 raises to $0,75[/color], [color:grey]CO folds[/color], Hero calls $0,75, [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($1,85) J:heart: , J:diamond: , Q:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]MP3 bets $1[/color], Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,85) 9:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,85) 4:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      MP3 checks, [color:red]Hero bets $2,50[/color], [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $6,35

Do I have to bet turn?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yes. In a word.

You want some value somewhere if you can get it. If he folds to a turn bet, then there is not much chance of him calling a river bet either.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Raise flop to 3$.

Bet turn IP 55% pot.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I just don't see anything he could have hit ... maybe a draw on turn but that's it. If he hit anything on flop he would continue betting himself. Wanted to induce bluff on river.

Course he doesn't call me down on river, but except the draw that appeared on turn i don't see a hand that would call turn and not call river...

gen
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      You just crush that board, if you raise the flop you are pretty much folding out his entire range, so i like the flop call. I think you have to bet the turn though simply as you have to start building a pot even if it's still highly likely he doesn't have anything, the only draw there is a flush draw, or a possible completed straight which he wouldn't check.