[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH ATo

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , T:heart:
      [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], [color:grey]3 folds[/color], [color:red]BB raises to $2,25[/color], Hero calls $1,25.

Flop: ($4,60) 2:heart: , 4:heart: , 3:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $2[/color], Hero calls $2,00.

Turn: ($8,60) 4:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $4[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $12,60

Call ok ?
  • 6 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      4bet/fold or just fold to 3bet preflop. You can't call and spike you A. Will bring you in awful spots.

Calling for a possible flush is not good. Villain could easily have a higher flushcard.. so what you gonna do if he keeps on barreling when flush arrives? pay him off? fold?

Fold flop and save some money.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      4bet/fold or just fold to 3bet preflop. You can't call and spike you A. Will bring you in awful spots.

Calling for a possible flush is not good. Villain could easily have a higher flushcard.. so what you gonna do if he keeps on barreling when flush arrives? pay him off? fold?

+1
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I asked because of flop and agree with what you said. About the preflop play: did you consider his reraise size? I can't really fold vs that can I? Or should I? I certainly won't 4bet ATo. I'd rather do that with 9Ts or 88 kinda hands. If I get called I certainly can't put anything on a hit ace.

So fold? on 1$? That would give minreraises just as much credit as real ones...
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Yea even for 1$ just fold you just get put in really bad spots with an easily dominated hand. I don't like 4 bet bluffing in this spot as the guy is obviously a donk and he's going to end up calling and again puts us in an inflated pot with a marginal hand. His min 3 bet is so bad ive lost track of the people ive stacked when they've given me the odds to set mine of course assuming he's not a maniac 3 bettor.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      He certainly wasn't. First time I've even seen him raise ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal

+2