[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH QQ low board allin

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $2,00[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], Hero calls $1,75.

Flop: ($4,10) 2:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 5:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $3[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $17,92 (All-In)[/color], Hero calls $14,92.

Turn: ($39,94) 7:club:
      River: ($39,94) K:club:

Final Pot: $39,94

What should I tend to in this situation? Rather fold or call?
  • 6 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Very tough spot.

I think I would fold. Villain is overshoving like mad and his pre-flop bet is not standard either (unless thats his standard raise).

I think I'd re-raise him pre-flop and fold if he shoves.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Seems like an odd villain.

3bet to 5.5 & fold or call to shove preflop (depending on crazyness of villain).

When you slowplay queens preflop this is the flop you want. I go for a c/r and call a shove.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      He was unknown to me.

I was kind of intimidated by his pf raise. I wouldn't exactly call this a slowplay.

He showed A4o ... don't know how anyone can make that kind of play. And seeing that this kind of stupid play is the only chance for me to make that call profitable I am kind of thinking i should have folded. It's an immense bet.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I 3bet all day here and i am happy to get it in, the guy is obviously a donk from his raise sizing. When you just flat call you can't get away here either your hand is massively under repped.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I also 3bet preflop, and if he wants to shove, I will call.

This raise size is just too strange. It nearly always means a fish who thinks it is intimidating. Don't pay him that respect, you are better than that. Don't be afraid to go broke with QQ against him, either preflop, or on this flop.

Huge overbets are "usually" bluffs. As has been written elsewhere, and it is particularly true at lower limits, when someone makes a bet that looks like it wants FE, it usually does.

When you see a TAG or thinking player make overbets you can consider that they are being deceptive with a strong hand, but with this guy it is just standard, so has no special meaning.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d call. He has here a lot of times draw and wants to get all-in with his equity.