[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJs

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , A:heart:
      [color:grey]4 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) K:club: , 7:spade: , Q:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($2,00) A:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,75[/color], BB calls $1,75.

River: ($5,50) K:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color].

Final Pot: $7,50

Bet or check to river?
  • 9 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Bet. He is not on K and most probably not on a flush either.
      I'd use a bet/fold line here too.
      If you check he can bluff, now if your 100% confident he will do this and that your ahead go ahead and c/r or so.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      If you check he can bluff, now if your 100% confident he will do this and that your ahead go ahead and c/r or so.
      That is horrible.. only c/r rivers with nuts or total bluffs. c/r on this board will only be called when beaten. There is no value to get.

check/call seems best at river.

Why don't you c-bet flop?
      Turnbet can be smaller, 1.3$ is enough.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      That is horrible.. only c/r rivers with nuts or total bluffs. c/r on this board will only be called when beaten. There is no value to get.

I said if your 100% confident, which means playing with reads etc. against a reg. Yes it is a terrible line against unknowns.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze

I said if your 100% confident, which means playing with reads etc. against a reg. Yes it is a terrible line against unknowns.
      I don't get your point. If you want him to bluff c/call is the line to take. You're not gonna make extra value c/raising this river. Assume you want to c/r river to represent a flush and get him off a Ax type of hand? Even then it makes no sense as the board is paired and our opponent can have a flush himself.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze

I don't get your point. If you want him to bluff c/call is the line to take. You're not gonna make extra value c/raising this river. Assume you want to c/r river to represent a flush and get him off a Ax type of hand? Even then it makes no sense as the board is paired and our opponent can have a flush himself.
      Oh yeah... c/c is the line.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I mostly prefer betting instead of c/c if i have bet turn and got called. I've seen so many hands check behind on river that i could have got value from.

gen
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      I mostly prefer betting instead of c/c if i have bet turn and got called. I've seen so many hands check behind on river that i could have got value from.

gen
      Like?
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Qx, smaller pockets than QQ ... thin valuebets usually get called.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bet flop, yo have fold equity+ good enough equity if called.
      As played: bet river for value, you´re ahead there a lot of times.