This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJs

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , A:heart:
      [color:grey]4 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $1,00[/color], BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) K:club: , 7:spade: , Q:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($2,00) A:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,75[/color], BB calls $1,75.

River: ($5,50) K:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color].

Final Pot: $7,50

Bet or check to river?
  • 9 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Bet. He is not on K and most probably not on a flush either.
      I'd use a bet/fold line here too.
      If you check he can bluff, now if your 100% confident he will do this and that your ahead go ahead and c/r or so.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      If you check he can bluff, now if your 100% confident he will do this and that your ahead go ahead and c/r or so.
      That is horrible.. only c/r rivers with nuts or total bluffs. c/r on this board will only be called when beaten. There is no value to get.

check/call seems best at river.

Why don't you c-bet flop?
      Turnbet can be smaller, 1.3$ is enough.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      That is horrible.. only c/r rivers with nuts or total bluffs. c/r on this board will only be called when beaten. There is no value to get.

I said if your 100% confident, which means playing with reads etc. against a reg. Yes it is a terrible line against unknowns.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze

I said if your 100% confident, which means playing with reads etc. against a reg. Yes it is a terrible line against unknowns.
      I don't get your point. If you want him to bluff c/call is the line to take. You're not gonna make extra value c/raising this river. Assume you want to c/r river to represent a flush and get him off a Ax type of hand? Even then it makes no sense as the board is paired and our opponent can have a flush himself.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze

I don't get your point. If you want him to bluff c/call is the line to take. You're not gonna make extra value c/raising this river. Assume you want to c/r river to represent a flush and get him off a Ax type of hand? Even then it makes no sense as the board is paired and our opponent can have a flush himself.
      Oh yeah... c/c is the line.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I mostly prefer betting instead of c/c if i have bet turn and got called. I've seen so many hands check behind on river that i could have got value from.

gen
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      I mostly prefer betting instead of c/c if i have bet turn and got called. I've seen so many hands check behind on river that i could have got value from.

gen
      Like?
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Qx, smaller pockets than QQ ... thin valuebets usually get called.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bet flop, yo have fold equity+ good enough equity if called.
      As played: bet river for value, you´re ahead there a lot of times.