Maniac Bookends.

• aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Played a three table session over an hour, around 300 hands, and on one table was this maniac. The first hand was about hand number eight on the table. He was raising most hands, weird amounts, and won a showdown with luck after his aggression was called.
      When he raised 6BB into my blind here, I was happy to call, given that a hit on the flop would give me good playability. Top pair here as far as I was concerned was the nutz. He had a draw, but whatever. I thought I was good against him, and happily played for my stack.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $177.62
      Hero:
      $50.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , T:club:
      3 folds, SB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.00) 7:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.00, Hero raises to $14.70, SB raises to $174.62 (All-In), Hero calls $32.30 (All-In).

Turn: ($227.62) 2:heart:
      River: ($227.62) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $227.62

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and deuces (Js Tc)
      SB shows a pair of deuces (9d Kd)

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and deuces (Js Tc)

The rest of the session I hardly played a hand on this table. He was too difficult, though I did get the read eventually that he folded to three bets often. I wanted to play tight against him, and not get into a high variance game, that was his bag.

I started to feel like I was tightening up all over the session, so I ticked sit out next big blind, and waited for the tables to close. Last hand of the session, I get this.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $173.26
      Hero:
      $91.28
      CO:
      $87.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:club: , T:spade:
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $7.00, 2 folds, BB calls $6.50, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($21.25) 8:diamond: , 5:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)

You can only dream of getting this situation. IP on the fish, the TAG, and preflop aggressor with position on you. Yummy!
      I decided to donk into the pfa, expecting he would raise his overpair, fish will call any draw or any hit, and I can shove the rest of my stack, and no-one can fold anymore. It was like they were following my script. All the money went in, and I am double fist pumping shouting, NO DIAMOND!! NO DIAMOND!! and my boat comes in on the turn and there isn't any more stress. The chips come to me, I auto sit out, and the session is over.

His name is LondonSmithy, get him while he's hot, because it won't be long til he's not. Party, NL50.

BB checks, Hero bets $12.00, CO raises to $42.14, BB calls $42.14, Hero raises to $84.28 (All-In), CO calls $37.86 (All-In), BB calls $42.14.

Turn: ($269.81) 5:heart:
      River: ($269.81) 3:club: (3 players)

Final Pot: $269.81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of fives (Tc Ts)
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and fives (Jd Jh)
      BB shows a pair of fives (6d Ad)

Hero wins with a full-house, tens full of fives (Tc Ts)
  • 1 reply