This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL10 or NL25 on Full Tilt?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Hi everyone, I am currently playing NL10 with BSS.

I would like some basic advice about what bankroll I need for NL25?
      - Whether the competition is tougher that my winrate will drop?
      - How much difference does 5% less rake mean in terms of BB/100?
  • 3 replies
    • toedder
      toedder
      Bronze
      Full Tilt just changed their rake structure, I think it's 6.7% for NL10 and 5% for NL25 now. The competition will be a little tougher, as always when you move up, but not by that much I guess (don't play @ Full Tilt). 25 stacks would be $625 and def enough to take a shot. Just try it out and come back and build back up if you lose, say 3 stacks for example.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by toedder
      Full Tilt just changed their rake structure, I think it's 6.7% for NL10 and 5% for NL25 now. The competition will be a little tougher, as always when you move up, but not by that much I guess (don't play @ Full Tilt). 25 stacks would be $625 and def enough to take a shot. Just try it out and come back and build back up if you lose, say 3 stacks for example.
      this sounds good.

I prefer to have some more stacks to not have to go down so quickly, but that's just my personal opinion.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Ok thanks for the advice. I guess I have a bit of a wait before I really consider moving up - my bankroll is nowhere near 600. My offline bankroll is bigger but I want to build it up from a small amount really rather than depositing to move up the limits.

Only played 10k hands of NL10 at about 8BB/100. Will certainly have to play quite a few more before I move - especially since the difference in rake is not as large as I thought.