NL10 or NL25 on Full Tilt?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, I am currently playing NL10 with BSS.

I would like some basic advice about what bankroll I need for NL25?
      - Whether the competition is tougher that my winrate will drop?
      - How much difference does 5% less rake mean in terms of BB/100?
  • 3 replies
    • toedder
      toedder
      Bronze
      Full Tilt just changed their rake structure, I think it's 6.7% for NL10 and 5% for NL25 now. The competition will be a little tougher, as always when you move up, but not by that much I guess (don't play @ Full Tilt). 25 stacks would be $625 and def enough to take a shot. Just try it out and come back and build back up if you lose, say 3 stacks for example.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by toedder
      Full Tilt just changed their rake structure, I think it's 6.7% for NL10 and 5% for NL25 now. The competition will be a little tougher, as always when you move up, but not by that much I guess (don't play @ Full Tilt). 25 stacks would be $625 and def enough to take a shot. Just try it out and come back and build back up if you lose, say 3 stacks for example.
      this sounds good.

I prefer to have some more stacks to not have to go down so quickly, but that's just my personal opinion.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Ok thanks for the advice. I guess I have a bit of a wait before I really consider moving up - my bankroll is nowhere near 600. My offline bankroll is bigger but I want to build it up from a small amount really rather than depositing to move up the limits.

Only played 10k hands of NL10 at about 8BB/100. Will certainly have to play quite a few more before I move - especially since the difference in rake is not as large as I thought.