Hero bets $35.41, BTN calls $24.72,

RIVER?

BET

CHECK/FOLD?
  • 3 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I am interested in this spot as well i run into it all the time, maybe someone should write an article on river play, i never know in what spots i should be check calling or check folding.

The problem with betting here is that i don't see how worse can call. Maybe it's a spot for check fold I would imagine the guy would be happy just to take the showdown with hands you beat and would not turn them into a bluff and will bet with hands that have you beat.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I would look at it like this.

I would only raise 2.50 preflop to start with, just to make it look standard.

BTN has called our value bets on every street so far. He could easily do this with overpairs to the flop, or TP hands, like A8, or T8, or maybe he fancies that 66 is ok here too. We don't know what kind of hands he is calling us with preflop, but they may be in his range. Certainly overpairs, 99-JJ will call down here at least, if not raise. In any case, he likes his hand.

If the Ace scares him, he will fold to the river bet. If it doesn't, he will call.

He only has a half potsize bet left on the river. I am almost always beaten if he calls my river bet I reckon. If he has come this far with some Ax hand, he is never folding.

I will check here, and call every time. I can't fold for 1:3 after this action. That way I will win just as often, but lose less when I do lose (if he checks behind), and it may induce a bluff from weaker hands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Pot is imo too big to c/f river.
      Since I´m not going to c/f I´d just shove and hope that he calls with worse hands.