This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

stars 180 man turbo's

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi. I've been really thinking about what to do on march, I was thinking about chasing platinum status ($400 on rakeback) on nl50sss but I'm getting bored just thinking about it :rolleyes:

I will say sng instead of 180 man tourney from now on

So my options would be the $11 regular sng's (they fill up very very slow) or the $11+1 turbo's but I have some questions

1. BRM : I was thinking about 100 buyins but I don't know if that's too risky
      2. game level: What should I expect to find ?
      3. roi : I guess it should be waay lower than mine on the $4.4 regular sngs , so what would be a good one to aim for? 30-50%?

thanks in advance :)
  • 5 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I played like 10 of them today. They fill up incredibly quick, i was playing 9 tables so i don't know exactly the player level.

For example at the final table there was a guy who seemed to know what he's doing but maybe it was just an illusion.

If MTT's are fishier then SNG's then at stakes lower then 50$ you have nothing to worry about i guess.

I have no clue about ROI nor BRM at them, i had like 100BI, i think that's the absolute minimum (100BI downswing should be able to happen once in a while).

And it takes a little over 2 hours to finish one.

So ROI and BRM anyone?
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      gl , just donkbet everything , works for some + they never put you on hand

3-bet ICM players , they will leave youre blinds alone

100 bi average + 50%+ ROI
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by curnow
      gl , just donkbet everything , works for some + they never put you on hand

3-bet ICM players , they will leave youre blinds alone

100 bi average + 50%+ ROI

Not at $11
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      My lifetime graph on the $12 180Man so far:

A couple things i learned so far:

You can play 300 games and have a fishy graph.
      You need to put a lot of volume, those are very swingy.
      100bi is enough, but 200 is optimal. With 200bi i dont bother have a 50bi downsing
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      On the first 10 i played i won one lol. Now i'm in doubt whether to play my regular 9man 20$ or these rollercoasters. So what do you think?

Pros: superfishy
      Cons: they require more time, more swingy, larger BRM.

Which one should be more profitable?