Topping Up?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      So I'm grinding away on Titan, playing by the book SSS, and came up with this question

by only playing the starting hands in SSS, you often don't play too much in an orbit or two, after which, due to blind loss, you have to top up your stack

When does it become unprofitable to do so? When should you leave the table if your that card dead to play by the book??
  • 2 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      When playing sss and I drop below 15bb's I rebuy back to 20. If it falls under 15 again and Im just not picking up any hands I just leave and find a new table to play.

On a full 20 bb stack when you double up you pick up about 18 bb's or so, if you have to top up too much your not going to make anything at that table. In the above example you have already re bought for at least 10 bb's and if you have to do it a third time your basically breaking even for that table. I just take the loss and move on.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey STR82ACE,

There are two possibilities, either you continue to play with the shorter stack - but adjust your play accordingly (since you play differently with an even shorter stack) or simply rebuy back to 20 BB once you have 15 BB or less.

As a beginner I would suggest rebuying once you hit the 15BB limit.

Best regards
      SoyCD