[NL20-NL50] Was I right to fold?

• Hackett77
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, BU calls $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BU folds, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.35) 7:diamond: , 8:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.00, BB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.35) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $18.00 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.35

I limped expecting the Button to raise which he didnt although the BB did, the way i saw the hand at the time the BB Must of hand a strong PP, i folded as I thought he had 10 10 and hit a str8 but now im not soo sure, he must of put me on a strong PP by the way I plaued pre flop so why would he go all in, surely he would of checked and let me make another bet first?

Was I bluffed out of this by JJ/QQ maybe?

I reckon he could only have 99 - AA so out of the 5 hands 3 or those would of had me beat. You think I was right to fold here?
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      Howdy Hackett77.

By trying to trap the aggressive BU here, looking to reraise his steal, you got yourself into a spot, because for a change he didn't, and BB raises a really strange amount. It does look like AA.

Any reasonable pocket pair from 66 upwards beats you now. Only JJ or QQ as you suggest gives you a win.

The turn looks like a set or AA getting anxious about the draws, so I would fold here as well. If you call, you will most often lose, but get information about your opponent. Probably not worth it.

Just play straightforward with your big hands.
    • Hackett77
      thanks for the reply aciddrop. i know slowplaying isnt a really good idea with the big hands but as you know it can get frustrating only winning blinds with your AA KK ETC.

well at least i made the right fold!
    • Kaitz20
      I´d bet 6$ on the flop, since board is very drawy
      Here you´re often beat, QQ/JJ won´t shove, he likely has there set or straight.
      So I´d also fold.