Stack
      Hero:
      $53,10
      MP2:
      $42,45
      BU:
      $66,65

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 raises to $1,75, 2 folds, BU calls $1,75, Hero raises to $7,00, 2 folds, BU calls $5,25.

Flop: ($16,25) A:spade: , 3:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $59,65 (All-In), Hero calls $46,10 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($108,45) 2:club:
      River: ($108,45) J:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $108,45

This guy was a total donk. Few hands before i lost a pot to him after he made the same shove on the flop. How do you think ? Call or Fold?
  • 8 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I would reraise more preflop, given that this huge fish is in the pot, and will call anyway. This will increase your value long term.

Against him you are guessing. WA/WB. He may or may not have the Ace, but will pretty much play all in on this flop whether you cbet, or check. Just because poker can be so sick, he may even have 33.

How do you feel about variance?

For me, I would fold, because he will offer more money later. He can't help it.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

quite interesting way to think about it, it's not an insta snap call anymore as I thought It would be.

I'm still calling btw :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

quite interesting way to think about it, it's not an insta snap call anymore as I thought It would be.

I'm still calling btw :)
      Yeah. I look at what I've invested so far, 14BB, and see I have to call for another 92BB if I want to see his hand. And against this guy, that is just a gamble that I don't want to take.

If you take that opportunity every time he offers it, you will end up in front eventually, but you could go down three stacks in the short term. I've lost my taste for that. :)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I would come out betting near potsize on that flop, if he didnt have the ace he would probably fold there. If he reraised that then fold
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Betting potsize on that flop is unrealistic ... wouldn't do it with a made hand either, because there are no draws. If I'd take that line I'd make it 70%.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Bet $12 and call shove. He doesn't believe you hit the flop and will try to bluff you out. Just bust his ass =D He could have any PP.

By the way, when he did this same move before, what did he have?
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Thank you for the replies!
      I had seen him doing this few times before! One of the times he did have TPTK on a 952 board and doubled up...but he had like 15$ back then. Actually i liked this flop that's why i check with intention to call any bet since he would do that with any pp and yes maybe with A too. Giving the pot odds i don't get good ones but here it is WA/WB situation where according to equalizer i have around 70% equity. Since his range is pretty wide i called and you could understand my disappointment when I saw AJs.

P.S. I feel myself still new to BSS and SH but i am trying to improve! I'll post often here in order to get better!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If your intention was to c/c, then I like your line.
      I would just b/f.